Asphalt Driveway Replacement

rglassbandNovember 29, 2012

We just had our 650 sq ft asphalt driveway removed and replaced 3-4 weeks ago. We live in Central Maryland. Per our contractor's instructions, we didn't walk on it for at least 24 hours and didn't drive on it for at least 72 hours.

We are experiencing some raised areas and some erosion of the asphalt. It doesn't seem extreme, but considering it is only 3 weeks old, is this acceptable? Photos attached. Thanks.

The photos aren't great, but where you see a line, that is a raised area. Also, is it ok for some of the driveway to be smooth and other areas to be rough and more granular looking with some small pebbles loose?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hendricus

When we expanded our driveway it was a two step process. Grade and put down a coarse mix and level with a giant roller machine. Come back in a week or two and put a top coat on that uses very fine gravel. Very smooth.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 4:33PM
rglassband

Thanks for the reply. The company that did this is done. They do not intend to come back and do anything. Are you telling me that this job is incomplete? They compacted 3 inches of hot 9.5 mm surface type asphalt with a giant roller machine.

This post was edited by rglassband on Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 18:09

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 4:46PM
hendricus

This is in Michigan and the company did two passes, one rough and one finish. Maybe not all companies do this.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 10:59PM
More Discussions
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
martin-ferdinand
Craftsman Garage Door opener won't close
Hello, Wife came home today and was able to open garage...
mattb32
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
john2525
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
I know that lumber is smaller than actually stated...
tlbean2004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™