help

jenichoOctober 7, 2001

I just bought supplies from a CM consultant. I have never done a scrapbook before. I am now wondering whether I invested too much into this brand of scrapbooking w/o doing much research. Any advise?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemartin

How much did you spend? Getting started in scrapbooking "is" rather expensive...you probably didn't spend too much if you are really going to stick with it...
If you are just mildly interested and might not use the supplies after you get them...you probably spent too much...ha

Bookmark   October 7, 2001 at 9:15AM
tracymomof4

CM is expensive which is why i no longer use it and they push you to use just their products and there is just too much good stuff out there to just use cm stuff. but they do have the best albums out

Bookmark   October 7, 2001 at 9:51AM
Linkabur_aol_com

I was a CM consultant for a very short time so I know what the difference in price/quality is. Yes, they are slightly higher than other products out there. I think the main difference in their products versus others is that all of their paper products are not only acid free but also lignin free. When preserving your photos and memories it is vital that you use products that are both acid and lignin free. Otherwise, your photos will turn yellow and fade over time. Maybe not in your lifetime but in your children's lifetimes. If you wanted to use other company's products, I would stick to the items like scissors and punches. As for the paper and the albums you use, I would go for the CM products because they are safer.

Bookmark   October 15, 2001 at 1:27PM
More Discussions
Need your creativity to help with school yearbook
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have done some scrapbooking...
bizzybee
Anyone do digital scrapbooking?
I've tried traditional scrapbooking over the years...
schoolbelle
newbie asking for help
Hi I am new to scrapbooking and would like any advise...
greeneyedcat
wording for invitation help
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this...
txswetie
What type of scrapbook do i need?
My son is a junior in high school. This summer I plan...
mrsgym
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™