ho, ho, ho - merry christmas!!!

gneegirlDecember 24, 2007

To one and all.

May the light of the world brighten your day tomorrow. This is the season of giving. You've given all that you can and now sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor - hopefully with the ones you love. If you are not spending the day with others, spend some time reflecting on the joys you and others have brought forth to this day. There is peace in knowing that joy. Be glad in it.

Merry Christmas to one and all!!

gng

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
junkyardgirl

Merry Christmas everyone. I'll be alone tomorrow with some seafood, wine, and a good book. Perfect day!

Bookmark   December 24, 2007 at 9:32PM
kayjones

Oh, JYG, come to my house! I would love to have you. My stepson is going to his aunt's house, and I didn't want to be alone, so I called an old boyfriend from 20 years ago, and he is coming over.

He plans on helping me prepare the food, then after we eat, we will take the dog for a walk and come back and watch a movie with Christopher Walken and George Lopez.

It's supposed to be a comedy and it will HAVE to be a comedy because I can't 'do' serious right now.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to NOT being alone tomorrow!

JYG, could you call a friend to come over and be with you?

Bookmark   December 24, 2007 at 9:38PM
gneegirl

Hey jyg, if you have to be alone, you sure have some good fixins'!! And guess what - you don't have to share!!

Yeah, K-J is right - is there someone at all that you could share the day with? It's OK to be alone - i would be except I volunteered to cook a turkey for my nephew's in-laws. So I'll drop off the turkey, stuffing and gravy, and then will probably come back home. But if you are alone, come on up here on SLF and maybe I'll be here too!

miles of smiles to you all.

Bookmark   December 24, 2007 at 10:38PM
kayjones

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY BUDDIES here on the TSF!

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 7:49AM
Tinmantu

Merry Christmas!!! Heading off to moms here in a few. Kind of a crummy weather day so I'm worried I might not get any action photos of Ava on her trike....I hope Santa brought you all what you wished for!

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 12:20PM
kayjones

Michael, doesn't your mom have a basement that Ava can ride in?

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 5:28PM
Tinmantu

Mom's basement has too much junk in it....we dealt with the cold and was able to get out and get a few pics. Might add a few more to it later.

Here is a link that might be useful: xmas 07

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 6:33PM
kayjones

Oh, Michael - those pictures are priceless - thank you SO MUCH for sharing them with us - Ava is gorgeous - she looks just like her Mama! It seems the tricycle was a big hit!!

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 7:35PM
gneegirl

Hi all - back from stuffing it all in. I hope everyone had a truly wonderful Christmas day. I can tell Ava did!! That trike fits her perfectly. I'm sure she'll be wheeling on down the road before too long. She loves her Grandpa too!! Thanks for sharing Michael. Ava is precious.

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 8:42PM
Tinmantu

Thanks Kay and Mary....I'm very proud of that little gal...got a video of her singing jingle bells that is probably only priceless to grandpa. Added a couple more to that link since earlier...not so much your anyone here as I'm just sending the link to family that wasn't able to be here today....I hope everyone here had a wonderful Christmas.

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 9:04PM
Tinmantu

lol...oops, meant JO and Mary....that's what I get for speed typing.

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 9:08PM
kayjones

Michael, call me whatever you like - I answer to both names.

Do I smell a spoiled little girl in your household? LOL

When did KC start wearing glasses? After looking at the new pictures, I've decided Ava looks more like her daddy - he's a cutie, too!

Is that picture in the background of you and KC and Dee?

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 9:31PM
Tinmantu

Good eye Jo....yeah, that's a pic of us taken back when Kaycee was a baby and back when I had hair....for some reason mom wanted to bring it out for the holidays....Kaycee has needed glasses for the last 8 years or so, she was just so vain that she wore disposable contacts for the first few years. I think dad saying "if he can wear glasses, you can too"...heh.

Her dad is a great guy!...going to K-State to be an architect and graduating this fall...already has a contract signed with a company to guarantee him 48 k per year to start. Kaycee doesn't make a lot less than that, at her job. I feel good about their future thus far.

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 9:57PM
gneegirl

That is such a great feeling Michael. As you know, my DD is not longer with us, but I look at my nephews and am so proud. The oldest started in law school but decided to go to divinity school. That curtailed his law degree because he couldn't justify making/supporting a legal decision that he thought was not in keeping with his religious convictions. Now thought his legal training - school and work has allowed him to find a great job in the Legal Dept of a contractor without having to make that compromise. The younger one has opened his own gym. He's a personal trainer but found that there wasn't anyplace to take his clients other than to one of those large fancy well-known places. He's worked at them, but wasn't satisfied. Last year he rented a place and has been expanding since then. This one is the one that we weren't sure was going to make it through society. But he's turned out to be a great businessman - on his own. They are my pride and joy, and so are their kids. Spent the day with them today at the older one's in-laws. Great fun - even though there was a power outage right in the middle of dinner!!

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 11:17PM
gabrielesgarden

KayJones, what is the name of the movie? "...watch a movie with Christopher Walken and George Lopez."

Bookmark   December 26, 2007 at 9:24AM
More Discussions
Expecting a Blizzard
We just had 14 inches of snow last week which was the...
emma
singles and dogs?
Hi all, I haven't posted here before and just found...
katrina_ellen
Are singles allowed to meet on here?
Are singles allowed to exchange email addresses....on...
robar
Really good news!
But no one to share it with. I paid off my mortgage!!!...
eclair
One for the kiddies
Here is my latest wallpaper.
emma
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™