can disc be copied??

ilmbgJuly 1, 2009

I will also post on embroidery...

When you want just one item to embroider/sew, are you able to make copies of discs? Or are discs unable to be copied?

I hate to buy a $99 disc when I will never use it again.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debs3

The embroidery design cards I have are older. Using my embroidery software I can make copies. I don't know how they are currently trying to protect the copyrights on the newer cards/discs. Legally I can only use the designs and copies I have made as long as I own and possess the original card/disc. The copies and card/disc are for my use only, not to be shared with someone else.

Please do not break the copyright laws. It hurts all of us. It is stealing.

Thank you.

Bookmark   July 1, 2009 at 10:18PM
ilmbg

I have no intention of 'stealing'! I am just trying to understand what is ok and what is not.
Insinuating that I possibly want to 'steal' is very upsetting and a rude asumption.

Bookmark   July 2, 2009 at 11:19PM
debs3

I am sorry you are offend. The way you posed the question, "When you want just one item to embroider/sew, are you able to make copies of discs? Or are discs unable to be copied? I hate to buy a $99 disc when I will never use it again.", gave me pause.

Again, I am sorry, I misunderstood. As I understand you now, you are asking the question in order to do what is right.

You may already know this, but there are some embroidery design sites where you can purchase individual designs. Amazing Designs is one. You would not have to pay for a whole disc of designs that you may not use.

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 1:28AM
ilmbg

deb3- Thanks for better understanding of what I am trying to find out. And the site to look at. (oh what poor grammar- my mother and teachers would be horrified if still alive!).
I did find some sites where I can buy one or several patterns, although I am not understanding if I download the program?? Do I make a cd copy in case my computer crashes again as it has done twice so far??
I did not win my bid on Ebay for a machine, so still have to solve that problem.

Thanks again.

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 8:12PM
debs3

Before I try to answer your question, can you tell me what embroidery machine you have, and how you would transfer the downloaded embroidery design from you computer to your embroidery machine?

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 9:16PM
More Discussions
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
questions about sewing lipped cord onto draperies
I am sewing drapery panels that will have a 2 foot...
lsst
Don't want to mess this up Please Help!
I'm wanting to make a doll for my granddaughter using...
skyanne_9
The little Singer 15- made her way home today!
I went back to the Thrift Store and asked the clerk...
caroline94535
sewing machine about to die?
I have to admit I have had quite a few problems all...
jjjjade H
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™