Off Topic - a couple of 'tee-hees' for you
Male or Female
As you are aware, ships have long been characterized as being
female (e.g., "Steady as she goes", or "She's listing to
starboard, Captain!"). Recently, a group of computer scientists
(all males) announced that computers should also be referred to
as female. Their reasons for drawing this conclusion follow.
FIVE REASONS to believe computers are female:
1. No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers
is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. The message "Bad command or file name" is about as
informative as, "If you don't know why I'm mad at you,
then I'm certainly not going to tell you."
4. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory
for later retrieval.
5. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself
spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
However, another group of computer scientists (all female) think
that computers should be referred to as if they were male.
Their reasons follow.
FIVE REASONS to believe computers are male:
1. They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
2. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the
time they are the problem.
3. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that, if you had
waited a little longer, you could have obtained a better model.
4. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
5. Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.
NOW FOR SOME refreshing news for your holiday reading:
According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game
while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in
the summer each year,
male reindeer drop their antlers
at the beginning of winter, usually late November to
Female reindeer retain their antlers
till after they give birth in the spring.
Therefore, according to every historical rendition
depicting Santa's reindeer, every single one of them,
from Rudolph to Blitzen- had to be a girl.
We should've known. Only women, while pregnant, would
be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all
around the world in one night and not get lost!!!!!
If anyone else has OTHER "TEE-HEES" to add, do it here - who will be NEXT? LOL