Newbie with buttonhole problem - Janome

leyloweJuly 2, 2013

I'm very new to sewing - hope this isn't a dumb question! I'm using a Janome Magnolia 7318 which has a 4-step buttonhole feature. I followed the instruction manual exactly, but the right side of my buttonhole is not as thick and substantial as the left side. When it's doing step 3, the machine doesn't make as long a zig-zag stitch as on the other side. Could I be doing something wrong to make this happen, or is this normal? Thanks for any suggestions!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

It's not normal,then again i'm not familiar with that machine.Google the problem and see what you get,you may find someone that has the same amchine amd can help you out.

This site here isn't very busy as you can see by the date of the posts..
Kathi

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 9:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julie999

Are you interfacing the piece with the buttonhole? If not, see if that helps. Also, try using a tear-away stabilizer underneath the area with the buttonhole. If you don't have a stabilizer on hand, paper will work.

The sides of the buttonhole feed differently; one is forward and one is backward. Make sure you are only guiding the fabric but not pushing the fabric or holding it so that it feeds more slowly one direction than the other.

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
Sewing Plus Size Clothing
Does anybody here sew plus size clothing for re-sale?...
catsoup
Roll call please
Just wondering how many of us made the change to Houz. Would...
kathyg_in_mi
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
barb_roselover_in
Newbie Needle Question
How do you know it is time for a new needle? And, the...
Merrygardener
Help me pick: Brother xl3750 or Singer 4423?
I'd like to get into some sewing projects, I did some...
williamsem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™