The holidays and being alone

kayjonesDecember 20, 2013

I just wanted to say, from all of us in the 'alone club', Happy Holidays! I know, from personal experience, what it's like to be lonely, even with a thousand things to do - just keep busy, if you can.

Find someone who needs a friend and spend time with them. I extend my heartfelt love to each of you for 'hanging in there', although I know it's tough.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

I am alone and very lucky in the sense that I don't care. I don't enjoy the family I have here, the friends are nice, but had rather be alone. The only thing I hate about is that everyone feels sorry for me when they find out I will be alone. I don't usually mention it.

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 12:28AM
kayjones

Emma, I feel the same as you - but miss the wonderful times we had when my husband was with me - the holidays were a big deal back then. Now, I have my grandkids and stepson - the only family I have nearby. I don't do anything with friends at all.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 3:36PM
emma

Kay when I look back on those times they were wonderful, but death, divorces and not visiting changes people. We lose the bond we had and sometimes I am not sure we even had a bond. We just had parents in common and that's it.

Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 10:19PM
More Discussions
Really good news!
But no one to share it with. I paid off my mortgage!!!...
eclair
Oh my I am so bored
I settled the problem with my home owners association,...
emma
Form a retirement community
Are any single boomers interested in discussing ideas...
rosemint
Favorite cook for one meals/food shopping tips?
Any favorite meals for one recipes? Also, I am trying...
CindyBelleZ6NJ
Singles discrimination.
Events where the singles price is not half the couples...
eclair
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™