How do I apply eyelets?

caroline94535September 19, 2002

I need some help from you artistic and creative people. I want to try something new on one of my pages; I want to use eyelets to attach name tags above several school pictures. I bought 1/8 inch gold eyelets, a Âhole punch, and a Âsetting tool. NowÂhow do I use them?

I want a gold name tag, about ½ inch by 2 ½ inches, above each picture. The pictures will be attached to the red background paper which will be attached to the CM page.

Where and how do I punch the holes and put all these elements together? Do I punch through the name tag; the background, and the album page?

Thanks so much for any enlightenment you can give me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherryinmaryland

hi caroline, you don't have to punch through your page, you can simply put the eyelet on the tag...first, you punch through the tag, turn the tag over, and place the eyelet through the hole, so that the hollow end is sticking up through the paper, take your eyelet setter and place it in the hole of the eyelet, and hit the end of the setter with a hammer, gently. this should "set" your eyelet by bending the tube part down. you can then attach the tag with any adhesive you choose, you can run wire, ribbon, hemp, string, yarn, whatever you choose through the hole to give it a finished look, but it will be easier to that before you attach the tag on the page. hope this helps!! make sure you use a mat under your tag when you are setting your eyelet! also, setting eyelets is much easier on a wooden table versus a plastic table, the kitchen counter works great! again, use a mat, like a self healing mat.

Bookmark   September 30, 2002 at 4:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mmglosson_verizon_net

Thanks a lot for the pointer. I just started with eyelets last night. You're a God send.

Bookmark   January 25, 2011 at 10:39AM
More Discussions
Your Story Question
I just purchased the Yourstory machine to bind my cookbooks...
lawmar
Need your creativity to help with school yearbook
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have done some scrapbooking...
bizzybee
Cricut
Does anyone have the new Cricut system?
ngmnewlywed
New to Scrapbooking and Need Some Help
I haven't actually started yet, but just gathering...
Karen10125
A couple questions: reg. scrapping vs. digi scrapping AND free sw
Hi, I love making both digi books and the old-fashioned...
ejones66
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™