Perforating Wheel

CaroleSeptember 18, 2001

We received a homemade wedding invitation that had a perforated line at the bottom so that portion could be returned as a the RSVP. They told us it was called a perforating wheel, something like a tracing wheel. I would like to find one. Does anyone know where I might find one of these. I have tried Hobby Lobby and Joann Fabric websites but they didn't list them. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xdmsx_aol_com

Fiskars makes a perforating blade for their 12" and rotary paper cutters. Try AC Moore or Michael's or even Walmart.

HTH!

Diana

Bookmark   September 18, 2001 at 4:56PM
ocannie_home_com

Gee, I use to do the same thing years ago, using my sewing machine and a big needle and no thread. I use to make notepads that were perforated. It really works well. Try it. Mary Ann

Bookmark   September 21, 2001 at 1:33PM
bethg_alltel_net

You can find these in varying sizes at art stores. They are called "pounce" wheels in our area of PA. Also, before I found the pounce wheels, I used the little wheel that people used in sewing -- you know, where you put the white paper between the pattern and the material and then ran this wheel around to make a cutting line.

Gosh, I hope you have an idea what I am talking about!!!

Bookmark   October 14, 2001 at 1:31AM
deb_fl

I found my at Michaels...it was in the area with scrapebooks and stamping area...it is the fiscars cutter that the part that cuts is round wheel...the peforation was under it you have to buy it seperate...you take off the regular wheel and put that on... I was looking for something entirely diffrent for months and happened to stumble across it...I probably passed it a million times when I was looking for it...I had imagined it looking different.
deb

Bookmark   October 26, 2001 at 10:51PM
deb_fl

here is the fiskars site that shows what it looks like..
hope this helps.
deb

Here is a link that might be useful: fiskars site

Bookmark   October 26, 2001 at 11:00PM
2queen_comcast_net

Michael's did not have it, but Hancock fabrics did. In that arena it is called a Tracing Tool; $6.41 total!!!

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 4:40PM
More Discussions
newbie asking for help
Hi I am new to scrapbooking and would like any advise...
greeneyedcat
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
Searching for a Grandemark Roller Die Cutting System
Hello :) I am looking for a Grandemark Roller Die cutting...
rachelaakmama
Paper / Scrapbook size
Hi everyone! I am starting a new scrapbook and picking...
msbehavinmaven
How to correct a 15 year mistake
I have 15 PHOTO ALBUMS that I bought about 15 years...
sandra60102
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™