butterick 6066

theturtleladyJuly 29, 2008

It's out of print, from 1999, nine sew fast and easy dresses/jumpers. I'd about kill for it at this moment - or pay, whichever you prefer! :)

I'd look at anything similar and adaptable because I'm finding it almost impossible to get a plain old t-shirt type dress pattern. And no, it's not worth drafting my own.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
noinwi

I did a quick search for your specific pattern and the only one that came up was sold. I think you could find something similar from Kwik Sew...they have quite a few easy fit pullover dresses. They don't sell patterns from their site but they have a store locater and some online dealers listed.
Otherwise, eBay is worth searching. I've found many patterns there that are out of print for a good price.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kwik Sew Patterns

Bookmark   July 29, 2008 at 10:46PM
teresa_nc7

I have a favorite dress pattern similar to your #6066 - I've made this dress 10 (yes! TEN) times. It is loose fitting and comfortable in summer made in linen or cotton.

Bookmark   July 30, 2008 at 11:33AM
donnar57

I just checked my patterns - I don't have that particular pattern, but do have McCalls 8720, which is also a t-shirt style dress. Size 12-14-16, I believe ...

Holler if this suits your needs...

DonnaR/CA

Bookmark   August 1, 2008 at 9:34PM
theturtlelady

Thanks so much, everyone. I managed to get my hands on it in a size too large (18-20-22), not as bad as it sounds if you read the measurements, just have to try to whittle it down a little. Noinwi, I checked KwikSew first. Teresa, I have 2 of those dresses and love them. Donna, thanks for looking. If you want to know what set this scavenger hunt off, go to www.theterritoryahead.com and look at the layered t-shirt dress for $79!!! Are they kidding?

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 8:39AM
More Discussions
Anyone use Singer Touch 'n' Sew?
My Singer is one of the old Touch 'n' Sew's from about...
socks
Singer Inspiration 4210 Feed Dogs do not move
I have a new Singer Inspiration 4210 that I bought...
MaterialGirl47
Bernette Serger 334D - a Classic!
I love this serger, bought it used many years ago,...
gramfel
Can I add another layer to drapes?
Howdy folks! I came across a GREAT deal at a resale...
carsonheim
oval cape
I recently saw a BEAUTIFUL cape made of oatmeal sherpa...
mommalin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™