Miele vacume power hose repair

nimelaNovember 30, 2010

Finally figured it out. My miele vacume kept shutting down and a new hose is in the range of $180.00. Before you buy you can easily fix it yourself. First remove the small screws in the head of the hose. (put in a bowl...do not lose) "Gently" pry the two pieces of the head apart. I used a eyeglasses screw drive to insert between the pieces. You will see a contact board with raised dots. Mine was covered with dust. I used a white sock to gently wipe, reassembled and viola...fixed...in 15 minutes w/o the cost of the hose and the repair fee.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alan_s_thefirst

Good to know. I love Miele vacs although I'm a central vac person now (roughin/install) but I did have one in the past, and it was great.

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 5:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Plant.Killer

Thankyou. I was too gentle when I removed the screw. You said to pry the front end apart, a little more than I normally use force. (I have learned that I can kill anything.) That allowed me remove the top part, then to press down the two snaps and remove the ring and the hose so I could remove the blockage in the nozzle. Picture of the nozzle and the perfume cap:

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 1:47PM
More Discussions
Need help with shower tiles! Ceramic?
Please help me identify the preexisting tile in my...
shufflehop
Garage door
Something strange happened last night. We were watching...
hoganjr
Cellulose Insulation - Do we really need the blower?
We have 8 to 10 packages of cellulose insulation that...
kendog2
how did gap between floor and wall close up by itself?
I have hardwood floors and there is/was a spot at the...
tlbean2004
home ventilation system (EZ Breathe)
Hello! Has anyone out there had the EZ Breathe Ventilation...
kaybree
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™