Help! Lighting Fixture

cooki1268July 19, 2014

After searching for months, we finally found two sconces I love, and DH agreed on. This search was painstaking! They are to hang above the fireplace on the wood surround. We had installed basic outlets for the wiring. We ordered the Lugarno sconces from Restoration Hardware. They arrived, and we went to put them up. Instead of being the 6 1/4 inches wide that was advertised on the website (and still is after calling and letting them know the measurements were wrong), they are only 4 5/8. Unfortunately, the back portion does not completely cover the boxes. We can return them (at their expense), but I just absolutely love them. Ripping the outlets out is not an option. We found a plate that we can put behind them, but we cannot find a spray paint to match (satin nickel). Does anyone have any ideas. This is making me crazy. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joaniepoanie

What about a wooden "plate" that you could paint the same color as the wall.....

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 3:17PM
sundance510

I was going to suggest wood as well. You could also get those small medallions they sell at the hardware store (usually near the ceiling fan hardware). Your fixture then installs right over it. Paint the medallion the color of the wall or trim, depending on your preference, before installing the fixture.

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 3:24PM
graywings123

How about spray painting the plate black?

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 4:15PM
More Discussions
Any idea what this style house is called?
Hello folks! I saw this house and am very interested...
jplanger
More art questions .. Hanging an eclectic collection.
Ok .. Not sure if you all remember me posting my daughters...
zipdee1
Spectra Home - quality?
I have been looking for a swivel club chair for DD....
bbstx
This is why you don't pick paint colours off the internet
This photo has been circulating the internet today....
amberm145
Carpet only in the closet?
Would you carpet a closet when you've got hardwood...
amberm145
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™