Friday Night Rant 10/26/07

TinmantuOctober 26, 2007

Hi all...not really a rant, just some thoughts that have run through my mind. I honestly never thought I'd come back around here after my "exile", but I am glad that Jo(aka kayjones) encouraged me to try. I have missed many of you. What I have found is that you can leave a situation and feel like you can move on without regrets, but it's not always true. You still look back and wish things were like they were before. Nothing ever stays the same. (Get used to it)..Time is a reminder to make todays experiences a happy memory of tomorrow and move on to the next day. Looking back on some old threads, I have a lot of memories and I thank my friends here for those.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
walksalone

Wrote a message. Lost it. So glad to see you.

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 9:45PM
Tinmantu

But since I have started a rant thread, I will bring a bit of personal peeves in here since I am sipping on a shot of Baileys Irish Cream and Crown Royal....My daughter is driving me crazy with her upcoming wedding plans....I have no problem with plans, I just want SET plans....first it's a church wedding (expensive for dad, but I'd deal with it)... then it was in a small chapel with a dinner for just family and a pub crawl afterwards....now she wants a church wedding again with a dance....just shoot me...I have been training for weeks for this pub crawl so I can keep up...now all for nothing....grrrr

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 9:45PM
kayjones

Michael, think back a few years - remember, reflect and then relax. You made it through back then, even though the odds were against you, and you will do it again.

Your little girl is all grown up now - relinquish yourself to the idea that she 'thinks' another man is her main man now - you are just the one she will come to when she's unhappy - you are STILL her MAIN MAN!

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 9:49PM
Tinmantu

Oh I know Jo....I can't complain about her other than the flip flopping is getting to me...and yes she is much better today than she was as a teenager....she is the apple of my eye.

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 10:02PM
Tinmantu

P.S. A Splash of Baileys in a cup of coffee on a weekend morning on the weekend works with any brand of coffee.

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 10:28PM
Tinmantu

A final thought for the night, since I've been watching horror movies and getting smashed I got distracted...are there any other people that just keep things so deep inside of them and really just need an avenue to blow off some steam?...This is the place and luckers are welcome to join in...btw, a thread is coming that is calling out all lurkers part II....off to dreamland now. Nite Folks.

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 2:02AM
centralcacyclist

No, Mike, I'm pretty straight forward. I wear my heart squarely on my sleeve along with all my existential angst!

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 1:10PM
Tinmantu

Hi Eileen...I used to be like that but I guess I got burned a few times and it's hardened me. Wish that it hadn't, but it has.

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 2:52PM
kayjones

Hi, all. What does this evening find you doing? I could go off on a rant about my 17-yr. old stepson, but you have all heard this choir before, so I won't. I just can't imagine we were ever like the teenagers of this day and age!

My evening will find me doing absolutely nothing! I like to be busy, but everyone I normally do stuff with is out with their significant other doing cool stuff.

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 7:49PM
centralcacyclist

I am invited to a Halloween party. My fledgling relationship ended abruptly a few weeks ago. So I'm happy to have something to do.

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 8:05PM
mimi_boo

I snatched up an invitation to Red Lobster with family... Now it's home alone with the woof... watching a little baseball.

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 8:29PM
More Discussions
singles and dogs?
Hi all, I haven't posted here before and just found...
katrina_ellen
What do you for entertainment
I was curious about what the rest of you do when you...
emma
Singles discrimination.
Events where the singles price is not half the couples...
eclair
Beware New Carjacking Scheme - All Read
I know you shouldn't post a message like this on this...
lovetogarden
Christmas
How many of you are spending it alone? Compared to...
emma
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™