Does this forum have a life?

puddlejumperOctober 31, 2003

One last time - is there anybody out there?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
berain

I'm here - Barbara - Tampa - 40 - single, no kids... how can we get this moving?

Bookmark   November 1, 2003 at 7:55PM
kayjones

Post a juicy topic, a controversial topic or a funny topic, then go to either the marriage forum or the kitchen table and post a link to your topic. If it's juicy or controversial or funny enough, people will respond. Why don't we try it for the next week and see what happens?

Bookmark   November 1, 2003 at 10:15PM
Tinmantu

I hate to be blasphemous, but I think we have another
resurrection on our hands.....WAY TO GO!!!....Yesssssss

Bookmark   November 6, 2003 at 12:43AM
Tinmantu

to add an addendum, in caee I upset the big guy, if I get sent to hell, my only regrets will be that the beer is going to be rather warm fo my taste

Bookmark   November 6, 2003 at 1:00AM
puddlejumper

Warm beer? Not a chance.

I'm glad to see that the forum is moving again.

I'm here, Puddlejumper from Atlanta.

Bookmark   November 6, 2003 at 4:41PM
kayjones

OK - What happened? We were on a roll, discussing our disfunctional lives and POOF - this forum fell flat on it's face again. Can we do something to resurrect romance, it's dilemmas and get this this forum back up on it's feet again? Who will be first to post a new and exciting topic, or add to an existing topic?

Bookmark   November 21, 2003 at 2:48PM
browntoestoo

Frankly, Kay, you scared me off. I think I'll stick to topics other than my screwed up SO-less, "enabling," unhappy, unavailable singlehood.

Ciao!

Bookmark   November 21, 2003 at 4:33PM
kayjones

You scare easily don't you? I'd rather suggest that I touched a sensitive nerve in you unconventional arrangement. I was merely asking you to do some soul-searching. Hey, if you are happy, I am happy. I guess I didn't think about the fact that everything is done differently out west. I will miss your input as I am sure others will. When you get over yourself, come on back. If you REALLY want to hear my opinion, email me. This isn't the place to get your nose out of joint - it ruins it for the rest of us who value the perspectives of others. Take care! Aloha

Bookmark   November 21, 2003 at 4:44PM
Tinmantu

Browntoes, I hope you will reconsider....I think you are an asset to this board....I also surf sports bulletin boards and trust me.. there, one learns to grow thick skin very fast...just stand by your beliefs and don't worry about judgement from someone that doesn't know you and come on back if you so choose...no one is out to beat you up here, just to understand and offer their thoughts.
If we chose to not converse because we couldn't handle others questions and critique on how we do things, then these boards would serve of no purpose except to be patting each other on the back.....it would get extremely boring after a while, trust me...I hope you change your mind

Bookmark   November 22, 2003 at 6:38PM
kayjones

I was sitting here wondering - where IS everyone? We have some exciting and interesting topics to discuss - this could be tons of fun - getting to know each other - if participants would add to the discussions. Maybe we could each pick up an earlier discussion, bring it to the top, and add some new thoughts or insight. What do YOU think?

Bookmark   December 2, 2003 at 7:37AM
Tinmantu

It has gotten a little quiet again....where's browntoes to get me riled up and start ranting again when I need her...heh.....maybe people are still recovering from the long weekend....I know my time has been occupied a bit lately

Bookmark   December 2, 2003 at 10:12PM
kayjones

Kansas City checking in here - how about everyone picking a thread and responding/renewing it? It's fun to re-digest and re-discuss old threads, adding new thoughts and ideas. I have done some - who will be next - to resurrect an old thread by posting some new and provocative words of wisdom?

Bookmark   December 10, 2003 at 7:13PM
Tinmantu

Of course this board has a life.....as long as I keep babbling on here...I'll talk to myself if I have to!.. ;)
Western Kansas clocking in.

Bookmark   December 12, 2003 at 8:02PM
walksalone

What if we talked about normal day to day things? Not just dating, finding a new partner etc.

Borrowed from the "Kitchen Table", its called "Post it here" or a variation, So how was your day? You can talk about the weather, the boss, the job, whatever?

I am more comfortable with these topics and it is very much part of my life to share, exchange, and ask advice?

Bookmark   December 12, 2003 at 8:31PM
Tinmantu

Good point, Walksalone....anything to stimulate conversation at this time is better than silence...It's snowing like crazy here today and I maimed myself, so I get the day off tomorrow....can't complain too much about my boss as he treats me well...nothing like being appreciated

Bookmark   December 12, 2003 at 9:08PM
Tinmantu

being the lone male that seems to post on this board it's a little harder to come up with thread ideas that will bring replies of everyday life...come on ladies, speak up, I'll be able to come up with something to say.

Bookmark   December 12, 2003 at 9:13PM
kayjones

Michael, you did WHAT? You had better spill it - what HAPPENED?

Bookmark   December 12, 2003 at 9:50PM
Tinmantu

Nothing serious, Kay....you'd be the first to know if it was too bad

Bookmark   December 12, 2003 at 11:07PM
kayjones

Well people - Michael ran a screwdriver completely thru his hand! Oiy - MEN - they are a danger to themselves and cause heart problems with women - he's going to be fine - just scared the dowaditty outta this woman.

Bookmark   December 13, 2003 at 9:43AM
walksalone

Ouch, Micheal!!!

Not only men...I once went to the ER....and they had a good time with calling me... "She who plays with saws!" LOL.

Bookmark   December 13, 2003 at 10:17AM
Tinmantu

It's got to be bad before I do ER, Walksalone...though a saw injury would prompt it...I tell my co-workers to take me to a vet' if I get hurt :) ...I broke the cardinal rule that I try to live by....always ask ones self "how can I hurt myself doing this?"...I am very good at that with power tools but it's easy to get careless when you are using a simple screwdriver...a lesson learned....sorry about any heart problems I may have caused, Kay...I'll call you next time instead of letting you see it on a BB first....it was just no big deal to me, so it wasn't an issue that I thought about when I posted it.

Bookmark   December 13, 2003 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
Online - Internet Dating Sites
I have been single for about 7 years and ready to get...
sadler_mkb
One for the kiddies
Here is my latest wallpaper.
emma
Favorite cook for one meals/food shopping tips?
Any favorite meals for one recipes? Also, I am trying...
CindyBelleZ6NJ
Are singles allowed to meet on here?
Are singles allowed to exchange email addresses....on...
robar
Older women, younger men....
I've been recently widowed, and although I would love...
patty_cakes
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™