Dating stories?? Best, worst, most embarrassing??

janet_ksOctober 8, 2003

How about a thread on dating stories?? For instance, describe the best date you've ever had. Or, the worst one (hopefully not too many of those). Any funny stories or embarrassing moments you can now look back on and laugh??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones

I am sure I could tell a few, but just can't think of one right now. I just wanted to say that I am glad you posted, and to say "Hi" from Kansas City, Missouri!

Bookmark   October 8, 2003 at 6:47PM
browntoestoo

I haven't dated since 1986. I gratefully married my ex-husband so I wouldn't HAVE to date anymore!

Bookmark   October 8, 2003 at 7:39PM
Daisyduckworth

I had arranged to meet somebody for lunch. Our conversation was constantly interrupted by the ringing of his mobile phone, and when it wasn't ringing, he was making calls. To me, it seemed he was trying to impress me with the success of his business, saying things like 'offer him one mill, George!' and so on.

He impressed me, all right. With his extraordinarily bad manners. I calmly finished my meal, stood up, thanked him for it graciously, and with a final parthian shot 'I do hope you and your phone will have a long and happy life together', I walked away.

Bookmark   October 15, 2003 at 3:05AM
berain

Love it Daisy!

Best date was a guy who knew I was house sitting - called to tell me he'd bring dinner... takeout from a favorite restaurant, strawberries and champagne!

Woo hoo!

Bookmark   October 17, 2003 at 1:54PM
rotny

"...and with a final parthian shot 'I do hope you and your phone will have a long and happy life together', I walked away. "

Absolutely classic Daisy!

Rotny

Bookmark   October 20, 2003 at 3:40PM
GardenGhost

I love it too, Daisy. Oh gosh, cell phones are a pet peeve of mine. Even some of my friends have the cell phone permanently to attached their ears. It is annoying to schedule time to run around with a friend and she won't put her phone down! I could go by myself and actually have a better time.

My best date was with Robby, the ex-BIL of a friend. I had met him when he was married, and I told Teri that if Robby is ever not her BIL, to please let me know. Five years later, Robby called. We met at my house, where I had dinner waiting. And then I carried him out to the lake where we stayed for hours, chatting, walking hand in hand, and just enjoying a romantic, stress-free date. It was incredible! We dated for about a year. I refer to him as "the one that got away". LOL

Casper

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 8:12AM
kayjones

Casper, why on earth did you have to carry him to the lake? LOL I prefer a man who can walk on his own two legs! Do tell us how he 'got away' - and fear not, he will probably be available again some day - do you keep in touch?
I have never had an ex I felt 'got away' - he wasn't with me because I chased him off. Are you possibly romanticizing this guy? I am just being curious, not trying to be nosy.

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 10:02AM
Tinmantu

Sometimes you are glad that you threw them back, Casper....after I was divorced, I met up with a friend of my ex's that seemed to be a fantasy come true, as she felt the same.....when I found that she could drink a six pack of beer to my 1, it was time to throw her back...heh...I decided right then and there that I wasn't going to be finding the girl of my dreams in a bar

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
Oh my I am so bored
I settled the problem with my home owners association,...
emma
What do you for entertainment
I was curious about what the rest of you do when you...
emma
Terrible Valentines Day
I have been in a relationship for seven years. My GF...
icucwec
Favorite cook for one meals/food shopping tips?
Any favorite meals for one recipes? Also, I am trying...
CindyBelleZ6NJ
Are singles allowed to meet on here?
Are singles allowed to exchange email addresses....on...
robar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™