What I've learned, since I have pitched camp here

TinmantuSeptember 30, 2003

That I am not the only person that is carrying battle scars(even though there were moments where I thought I was unique) that have made me leary of getting into another relationship....it makes this site, that much more important because if we can't talk here, then where do we?...browntoes, I know we got off on the wrong foot, (pun intended) but you did good, by getting things going....now lets keep it going, folks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones

I agree - most all of us have baggage and scars from former relationships, and for we "oldies", we either remain alone or take chances and get more scars. Where do older women and men go to meet honest and descent men?

Bookmark   October 1, 2003 at 9:18AM
puddlejumper

You two are right - we all are carrying scars - mine need time to heal. This is so cliche, but I'm just trying to figure out who I am and what I want to do.

I know there are plenty of decent men out there because I've known so many. Don't give up Kay. Stay open to the possibilities!

Bookmark   October 1, 2003 at 6:28PM
kayjones

Since this thread was started, I have found the salve for my wounds/battle scars, and I am skinny-dipping in it daily!!!

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 2:32PM
puddlejumper

Is it all right to list my accomplishments? I'm hesitant to do that because I don't want to be obnoxious and brag. How about I just say that I surprised myself and I feel good!

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 6:07PM
Tinmantu

by all means, puddlejumper....speak up....one can tell bragging from gushing with happiness

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 7:24PM
kayjones

Puddlejumper, PLEASE - I love an accomplished person. Tell us whatever you care to share - we will be proud as punch that someone in our little group had done themselves proud! You just might be my next inspiration! Feel free to gush OR brag. If I had any great accomplishments in MY life other than my kids, I would surely tell you about them, given the opportunity! I can't play music, except on the stereo,can't sing, can't swim, can't run a company, but MAN, I CAN dance!

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
What to do when you have no money to get a lawyer
I've been a GardenWeb member for quite a while, and...
jeaninwa
One for the kiddies
Here is my latest wallpaper.
emma
singles and dogs?
Hi all, I haven't posted here before and just found...
katrina_ellen
Good Morning Everyone
It is such a beautiful day here in Kansas and I feel...
emma
Adults estranged from parents
Hi, i am new to this forum but am glad that i found...
bstark35
Sponsored Products
Barkley Square 3 Drawer Media Chest - Hand Rubbed Warm Pine - BQ600TV
$500.00 | Hayneedle
Astoria Large Wall Mirror
Overstock.com
Picnic Time Chairs James Madison University Black Sports Chair with Digital
$99.95 | Home Depot
Carmel Chandelier by Savoy House
$714.00 | Lumens
LBL Neptune I Red Glass Monopoint Pendant
Euro Style Lighting