gift idea

carylsAugust 6, 2006

I have a 10 year old, very mature great niece who has started scrapbooking. Can you suggest some good gifts, something all scrapbookers need or wish they had. thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kim68

How about a paper cutter, scissors, embellishments, scrapbook, stickers, etc. Just go to any craft store and the ideas will come to you, BELIEVE ME!

Bookmark   August 7, 2006 at 12:49PM
oldpeony

I think the paper cutter is a great idea. Just make sure you get one that you can measure, not just a "cropper. I just stopped at a Dollar Tree (the dollar store where everything is $1) and they had a big variety of stuff. Also check out Hobby Lobby when they have 1/2 price sales on stickers or paper. The paper packs they have with a variety of colors would be great. If she already has the basics of cutter, paper, scissors, etc., then get her some punches; decorative corner punches would be good if she is actually scapbooking pictures. Maybe she has a pet she would like to make a scrapbook of--there are lots of stickers for that. You will have fun shopping for her and might just get hooked yourself if you haven't been doing it.

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 12:18PM
stephyloulou

If you have a "Michaels" Craft store in your area, watch when they have their paper packs 1/2 off. They are cheaper there than at Hobby Lobby, other wise Hobby Lobby is the place to get 95% of scrapbooking products. Once she has a good straight edge cutter, embellishments are the best.

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 6:23PM
sue102

How about a gift certificate to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and then take her to those stores to shop with her? Fun!
Sue

Bookmark   August 15, 2006 at 4:06PM
bowdoin514

Don't know if you sew, but how about a really neat tote bag to cart it all along in? One made out of an old pair of jeans would probably be a big hit. It's cool that she's into scrapbooking at a young age. Let us know what all you decided to get her. Keep up the inspirations!
Emma in PA

Bookmark   August 16, 2006 at 7:50PM
More Discussions
What type of scrapbook do i need?
My son is a junior in high school. This summer I plan...
mrsgym
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
Your Story Question
I just purchased the Yourstory machine to bind my cookbooks...
lawmar
How to correct a 15 year mistake
I have 15 PHOTO ALBUMS that I bought about 15 years...
sandra60102
Paper / Scrapbook size
Hi everyone! I am starting a new scrapbook and picking...
msbehavinmaven
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™