Is this forum alive at all anymore?

berainSeptember 7, 2004

Needs CPR.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Faulks_Z5

Yes, berain -- I'm here. This forum is *really* hard to find. Has anyone ever searched on it? I found it by accident and then couldn't get back to it. You have to click on the Home Site first, and *then* look in the alphabetical listing. Anyway, I had rememberd the handle, "bunnyman" and found him. Michael was kind enough to help me find it again.

So. Berain -- (in case we're the only ones here) what'd you do for the Labor Day holiday? And why are you in need of CPR? Too much partyin' yesterday?

Bookmark   September 7, 2004 at 11:47PM
Faulks_Z5

Hey Barb: I think we're the only ones who visit here these days. So what's going on in your life these days?

I live out west in a valley surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. This time of year is beautiful here. I do a lot of bird watching, and this year the hummers are everywhere, storing up much energy for their non-stop flight across the Gulf of Mexico for the winter. I live near the mouth of a huge canyon, and try to walk on the trails there as much as possible. Would you believe it's already into autumn? The maple trees are just brilliant gold, orange, and red, and the scrub oaks will be deep burgundy before another few weeks.

During the next three weeks I will (I hope) move six huge Bridal Wreath shrubs, completely dig up the back border, and put a layer of mulch around most everything I put back. In one border the blackberry I had dug up and removed has re-appeared -- in five places yet!!! And in another, wild thistle is coming up everywhere. I can't use Roundup there because it's impossible to do so without hitting the perennials.

Are you safe from Ivan? Did Frances get your area? I wonder if global warming isn't bringing us so many bad storms.

I'm leaving for most of today, but will be back maybe later or tomorrow. Hope you (and anyone else who *might* be here) have a lovely weekend.

Carolyn

Bookmark   September 11, 2004 at 10:09AM
berain

Life is currently consumed by hurricanes!!! So sick of them!

Other than that - it's all about work and taking care of Mom. I do have a great guy - in Denver. We're trying that long distance thing for now. It's difficult. Thank goodness for cell phones!

I have a plan "B" for Ivan - but we're hoping that we don't have to use it. Frances was enough to deal with. I'm fortunate that we are in a newer home - made to current hurricane standards and our subdivision has smaller trees. Stocked up on water, batteries and foods. Some houses are boarded up - but I couldn't begin to do that myself. My office got a lot of flooding from Frances - and Ivan will probably do the same. My firm actually expects me to go to work on Monday - ha! The schools are already closed - as are the courts and other government offices.

How is your weekend so far? Anyone else want to chime in?

Barbara

Bookmark   September 11, 2004 at 7:02PM
More Discussions
Really bored here
In case you haven't picked up on it I am really, really...
emma
What do you for entertainment
I was curious about what the rest of you do when you...
emma
Favorite cook for one meals/food shopping tips?
Any favorite meals for one recipes? Also, I am trying...
CindyBelleZ6NJ
singles and dogs?
Hi all, I haven't posted here before and just found...
katrina_ellen
Christmas
How many of you are spending it alone? Compared to...
emma
Sponsored Products
Round White Ceramic Wall Mounted Toilet
TheBathOutlet
Spring Forward 6-piece Duvet Cover Set with Insert
Overstock.com
Inlet Woven Housing Set by Fanimation Fans
$45.00 | Lumens
Florence Knoll Style Loveseat-Chocolate Tweed
IFN Modern
Tonin Casa | Granada 9-Door Cabinet
YLiving.com