Brother LB 6770 vs. Brother PC 420 - Any suggestions?

everythingirl1June 1, 2009

Hi all- I am trying to decide between the Brother PC 420 and LB 6770 sewing machines. I sew curtains, slipcovers, clothes, etc. Both machines have great reviews, but after years of hand-me down machines, what I really want is a great, sturdy machine.

I like the fact that the LB 6770 has the embroidery feature - I think that could be fun. But if the PC 420 is a better sewing machine, then I would sacrifice the embroidery stuff and go for the better sewing machine.

Which machine do you recommend? THANKS!

p.s. my dream is a janome memory craft, but something at the Brother is all I can really afford right now....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

I'm not familiar with either model, but I have a Brother PC8500 sewing/embroidery machine that is about 6-1/2 years old. I used to mainly sew clothes, now mostly sew quilts. I only occasionally embroider with it, but like you say, it's nice to have if you want it.

The machine sews great...I've had very few problems with it. It recently had a pretty expensive repair - 2 circuit boards needed to be replaced. Other than that I have just taken it in annually for cleaning & servicing.

That was kind of the long way to say - I don't think you'll lose any sewing quality by also having the embroidery feature.

Donna

Bookmark   June 2, 2009 at 11:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aamassther

I would sew on both of them to see which you like best. I have two Brother machines, the Innovis 4500 and Innovis 1200. They are great machines! I sold my Bernina 200 for the 4500, Believe it or not I liked the stitch quality better. My dealer also sells Janome, I liked Brother's stitch quality and ease of use much better. HTH, Todd

Bookmark   June 3, 2009 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
altering pants
When I take in the legs of pants, I take in both seams...
laurenjay
kenmore 12511 machine woth cleaning and keeping?
My daughter has become interested in sewing. I have...
kellim45
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
Sewing eyelet material onto T shirt to make it longer?
The eyelet material is not stretch. Of course the T...
hobby_libby
Need drapery fabric problem advice
I had polyester draperies made and the workroom pressed...
sierrashopper
Sponsored Products
Hudson Valley Lighting | Danville 3 Light Pendant
YLighting
High End Modern Vessel Sink | Beige Oval Natural Stone
maestrobath
Dream One-Light Polished Chrome Sconce
$118.00 | Bellacor
Empress Leather Sofa in Black
$699.00 | LexMod
Sylvania Bed
Grandin Road