Not a good day sewing

donnas_gwJune 22, 2012

I decided to make a new valance for my picture window in the living room. I have a swing arm lamp/magnifying glass that clips to my sewing table. I touched it and it fell over!! Looks like the plastic part that held it onto the table had cracked and the lamp was just hanging on the edge of the table. Then, I was turning off my iron (I always press when I sew). The dial on the iron broke LOL. Time for a new iron, I guess. Then there was my serger. It didn't break, but the lower looper wasn't threaded. Hate threading that thing!! I said heck with it and got out of my sewing room before anything else broke or went wrong. Hubby is looking at the lamp now.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jomuir

Sometimes we just have to quit while we're ahead! You weren't meant to sew yesterday lol. I feel for you, I lent DH my nice OTT lamp w/magnifier attachment a couple yrs ago, he gave it back, minus the clamp for the magnifier...and eyes have gotten worse since I lent him the lamp. I need that magnifier when I use my seam ripper!

Threading sergers is a chore for sure. I got misty eyed the first time I saw a self-threading serger lol. Then I saw the price tag on it & got misty eyed realizing I couldn't afford it, have resigned myself to threading the old fashioned way. Hope you get a nice new iron at least.

Bookmark   June 23, 2012 at 12:25PM
serger

we all have days when it's best not to sew.
I have a babylock serger that has the jet air system, I bought it off ebay several years ago, used, I paid less than $500.00 for it & I use it when I'm making clothes & my dh uses it when he quilts.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 7:58PM
krissie55

I could not do without the Butler EEZ-Thru Floss Threaders for flossing teeth. A great aid for threading a serger.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 8:44PM
Annie Deighnaugh

You should've eaten a frog first thing that morning....

then you would've known nothing worse was going to happen to you all day!

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Anyone use Singer Touch 'n' Sew?
My Singer is one of the old Touch 'n' Sew's from about...
socks
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
caroline94535
fabric for a pant suit
I have been wanting to make a periwinkle pant suit...
jewels247
Upper Thread will not pick up Bobbin Thread.
Hi, I have a Brother XL3100 and the upper thread will...
sweetnlow
Sponsored Products
Darlee Camino Real Chaise Lounge Chair - DL1013-33/303
$799.99 | Hayneedle
Allison Solid Brass Pull
Signature Hardware
Teak Shower Bench
Grandin Road
Blu Dot | Copper Real Good Stool
YLiving.com
Fig placemats, set of 6
Origin Crafts