Bad things about single..

tuanhSeptember 30, 2006

feeling down and lonely so many days and nights.

if i am getting sick no one there to care and watchout for me.

i can't share my joy and sad with any one.(girl can, but guy can't, guy can only share with his girl friend or wife only! that is why i am getting marry in december this year.)

these are the few things i am uncomfordable with being single, and how do ya feel?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asolo

Insufficient grounds for marriage IMHO.

Apparently my male friends are different from yours...married and single both.

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 2:12PM
tuanh

God, created a man, woman to comfort each other- to be husband and wife.

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 9:54AM
asolo

If you know what's in God's mind, why would you care about the opinions of anyone here?

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 11:03AM
centralcacyclist

I don't see anything terribly wrong with getting hitched for the purposes of resolving loneliness as long as there is affection and mutual respect in the union. Do you have sincere loving feelings for your betrothed or are you just looking for a cook, maid, night-time companion?

How does your intended feel?

Bookmark   October 2, 2006 at 5:18PM
quirkyquercus

I really don't get that lonely but I am an only child. I fear the future like you would not believe when my already very small immediate family starts shrinking. I am trying to prepare myself for that eventuality but I don't know how I will handle it.

Bookmark   October 7, 2006 at 9:41PM
tuanh

Barn, my fiance does not know how to cooks or how to be a maid either, but we believed that if we love, care, and respect for each other everything we can handle. I know there is a heavy price to pay, if one value selfish too much.

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 2:49PM
centralcacyclist

I wish you both a long and happy marriage.

Bookmark   October 9, 2006 at 3:59PM
mike_73

getting good deals on travel as a single is not easy, just try to boook a cruise and go alone. they have this thing called a single suppliment, where you pay them more to have a cabin by yourself instead of another guest they have to feed and serve for the trip. the extra charge is almost as much as the cost of the 2nd person too.

Bookmark   November 22, 2006 at 1:35PM
bud_wi

Hey mike_73, I've traveled alone for sightseeing tours and you can get a roommate on these types of tours and save yourself some money. I've never had a problem with any roommate I've ever had on a trip.

If it is a tour group they usually give the contact info of the other person and let the two email or call each other to resolve and differences like "early riser/night owl" or "smoker/non-smoker". If the other person sounds reasonable you book a double room. You get two beds and share the bath. You don't have to "hang out" with the person.

Ask your travel agent or tour operator about it.

Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 2:04PM
Jonesy

I have had 4 great adventures and have shared a room with 4 strangers. I met the best one before, the other's were complete strangers. I've never had a problem with any. I would never pay for a single supplemental for a cruise, but I would for a nature trip if that was only way I could go.

Bookmark   December 18, 2006 at 11:11PM
More Discussions
Good Morning Everyone
It is such a beautiful day here in Kansas and I feel...
emma
Oh my I am so bored
I settled the problem with my home owners association,...
emma
Terrible Valentines Day
I have been in a relationship for seven years. My GF...
icucwec
Adults estranged from parents
Hi, i am new to this forum but am glad that i found...
bstark35
Never wanted to get married
I've now turned 53 and have had no desire to ever get married....
robar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™