Felt vs Blizzard Fleece

lowsparkJune 12, 2013

I'm looking for reasonably priced by-the-yard green felt to use as a sort of tablecloth for playing cards on my dining room table.

I went to JoAnn's fabrics today and they have something called Blizzard Fleece (8.99/yard) which looks and feels like Felt to me.

Are they pretty much the same thing? Or should I be looking specifically for felt? I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who is familiar with these fabrics.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iowafarmersdaughter

I don't play cards. Is there a reason why you want felt or something like it? Maybe I might have some suggestions. I'm one of those fabriolics that knows just enough to get by. ;-)

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 4:55PM
lowspark

Felt makes the cards easier to pick up. Also, the (standard) dark green background makes them easy to see. Also with felt surfaces, the cards don't slide as much. Which can be very important when you're dealing cards quickly or playing where things are being set on the table and are supposed to stay in place.

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 12:00PM
iowafarmersdaughter

Fleece fabric is much stretchier than felt; and, fuzzier. You'd probably be better off with a flannel, than fleece.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 5:04PM
bestyears

They also sell green felt by the yard, and you can get a 50% off coupon from a smart phone Joann's app, or from the internet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green felt by the yard

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 12:24PM
More Discussions
Can you tell me if this will work?
Since I have been socked in for four days now, have...
barb_roselover_in
a cutting table surface perhaps using foam
i'm creating my own pinnable cutting table with a 4X8...
mineemee
sewing machine about to die?
I have to admit I have had quite a few problems all...
jjjjade H
Advanced beginner , emphasis on beginner
What r ur fave online fabric stores? I am looking...
bossyvossy
Need drapery fabric problem advice
I had polyester draperies made and the workroom pressed...
sierrashopper
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™