Brother Machine---Thread going under spool while sewing

TheSheepfoldJune 14, 2013

I have been using the Brother CS770 for about two weeks now, and I LOVE this machine. However, the past few days I have had the thread to work its way under the spool while I'm sewing (wrapping itself around the rod the spool sits on), and it causes the top thread to tighten up, freezing up the machine. I have tried a few different spools of thread to see if it made any difference, but it didn't. A flaw in the machine, or should I continue to try other spools of thread? The first time I noticed this problem, the spool I was using was only about 1/3 full of thread, so I tried a new spool, thinking this would remedy the problem. It didn't. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

Do you have the option of putting another spool holder that goes in the horizontal position on your machine.

Also check and make sure that spool in the picture and all spools like it are put on the machine with that little cut that holds the thread in place to keep it from unwinding when it is stored.That cut should be on top.
Kathi

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 9:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clt3

Didn't your machine come with a spool cap? If not, try a thread net.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread nets

Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 8:27AM
More Discussions
oval cape
I recently saw a BEAUTIFUL cape made of oatmeal sherpa...
mommalin
fabric for a pant suit
I have been wanting to make a periwinkle pant suit...
jewels247
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
josephene_gw
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
Cost estimate to shorten two curtains
Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have...
vithdude
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™