suddenly single

anettemartinrnAugust 18, 2008

I lost my husband of 7 years to cancer last Thursday. It was a short illness, thankfully. He was only 50. It was a second marriage for both of us, and we were quite happy (unlike our first marriages).

So, here I am, wondering what my life will be like now.

Anette

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones

Anette, I am sorry for the loss of your husband - I lost my husband a year and a half ago, to cancer. If you do as I did/do, you will think of him day and night, dream of him, miss him, continue to love him, cry, be mad, plead for god's mercy each day and you will 'talk' to your husband.

It is very displacing, and you learn to live each day one day at a time. For awhile, your head will be full of silly putty, you won't think clearly, and you will cry at the oddest times. You will survive, but it will be painful. It will take some time to accept that he is really dead - I am just now dealing with that fact. It is a tough road, that's for sure!

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 3:41PM
satine_gw

Anette, Im so sorry about your loss. I have been a widow for 7 years after my husband died from a sudden heart attack at age 56. It is still very difficult but there are things I would advise you to do. I joined a grief group which was for widows/widowers in my age bracket. It helped tremendously and I remain friends with some of the group even now. Do you have children at home? I had an 11 year old (she turned 12 the day following her dad's death). If you have children you need to be able to care for them. In order to do that you must first take care of yourself.

Bookmark   August 21, 2008 at 9:48AM
sayhellonow

I'm so sorry, Anette. To have had such a lovely marriage and then lose him to cancer is something I can't relate to, but the emotional pain must seem unbearable at times.

You know, none of us knows what life will be like in the future. I'm so glad you had that wonderful time in your life, even though it was brief -- some people never do.

Bookmark   August 25, 2008 at 2:07AM
More Discussions
What to do when you have no money to get a lawyer
I've been a GardenWeb member for quite a while, and...
jeaninwa
So where?
So where does one meet new people? I have tried all...
Linda
Terrible Valentines Day
I have been in a relationship for seven years. My GF...
icucwec
Beware New Carjacking Scheme - All Read
I know you shouldn't post a message like this on this...
lovetogarden
Are singles allowed to meet on here?
Are singles allowed to exchange email addresses....on...
robar
Sponsored Products
Switch Plate - Satin Nickel
Signature Hardware
AVIR Round Semi Flush Ceiling Light
Lightology
Aegean Hand Towel
$15.50 | FRONTGATE
Weston 7 Piece Multi-Chopper - 83-2014-W
$31.99 | Hayneedle
Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans Industrial 60 in. Indoor Black Energy Star Ceiling Fan
$89.97 | Home Depot