Pfaff 6270 Tiptronic - advice?

triflesJune 17, 2008

Hi. I'm usually over on the quilting forum, but am seeking advice on a sewing machine. A co-worker is offering her older Pfaff for $500. This model recently sold on eBay for $410, including a Dream World table. I am not at all familiar with Pfaff's though I know they enjoy a good reputation. I wonder if anyone has advice concerning this machine in particular, and what a fair price might be for it? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anitastitch

Out of curiosity, I just googled that machine and it seems folks have nice things to say about it. I found in sewing.patternreview.com an older Tiptronic sold for about $1,000, but couldn't find any prices on the model you mentioned. Maybe you can look up some reviews and see what you think. Also, if there's a Pfaff dealer near you, find out what they would charge if they had a used one--just for comparison.
I have an older more basic pfaff (hobbymatic) and I really love it as a back-up, travel machine. It's been very dependable and I didn't have to shell out a lot for a walking foot and darning foot for quilting. It's stitches are just as nice as my Viking.
By what I've read, it looks like the 6270 has the built in walking foot and the needle up/down option--both great for machine quilting. Again, I'd look this up if I were you, but to me, it sounds like a good deal.
Keep us posted on what you decide!

Bookmark   June 17, 2008 at 2:57PM
trifles

Well, I took the plunge! She says she paid about $1300 for it about 9 years ago. Local dealer said blue book value was $350. I offered $410 (one sold for that on ebay recently) and she has accepted the offer (both hers and the ebay machine came with an extension table - nice extra!). Everything I can find on line about Pfaffs has been positive, though I did not find much at all about this specific model. What I did find though, was positive (epinions.com). So, I'm soon to be the proud owner of a Tiptronic! I'm waiting to take possession until her new machine with larger throat space comes in next week. It's going to be a long week.... Thanks for your good advice! Take care.

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 2:21PM
anitastitch

What fun you'll have with that new machine! You'll have to follow up on how you like it after you've had some serious bonding time!
It really does sound like a sweet machine!
Happy sewing!!!

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 10:29AM
karenlj_comcast_net

I'm a day or two too late for I am looking to buy a 6270 Pfaff !! Anyone out there know of one for sale, especially for under $5oo.oo?

Bookmark   May 20, 2011 at 5:34PM
selina_denise_live_com

I have a Tiptronic 6270 for sale if you are still interested Karen.

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 4:12PM
More Discussions
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
a cutting table surface perhaps using foam
i'm creating my own pinnable cutting table with a 4X8...
mineemee
bernina activa 131
Hi, There is a Bernina Activa 131 that has come up...
melaniejo
kenmore 12511 machine woth cleaning and keeping?
My daughter has become interested in sewing. I have...
kellim45
foot pedal not moving needle
We have a Brother Limited Edition Project Runway Sewing...
somae
Sponsored Products
Flower Power Plant Sensor
$59.50 | FRONTGATE
Draping Leaf Gold Leaf Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Ball Basket Five Arms Chandelier by Hubbardton Forge
$630.00 | Lumens
Grid Wall-Mount Mailbox - Polished Stainless Steel
Signature Hardware
4' Red Cedar Classic Fanback Glider
Fifthroom.com