tattle tail

mstevensonJune 6, 2008

My daughter teaches 3rd grade and she is wanting to hang a tattle tail in her classroom that she can tell the kids to talk to when they need to tattle. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make something? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolb_w_fl

Why not simply tie a knot a couple of inches from the end of a 2 foot rope & fray it out to mimic something like a cow or lion tail?

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 1:43PM
donnar57

I know what your daughter is going through - I teach, too. When I taught 2nd grade, I had a "tattle box": It was a shoe box covered in fun paper, with a hole in the top. The kids had to WRITE their tattle down and stick it in the box. At the end of the week, I would open the top, pull out some of the little pieces of paper and start to read them aloud. After 3 weeks of that, the kids got the idea - tattles weren't right and a few days later, were downright annoying (and sometimes sounded really funny and stupid).

But how about making an animal wall hanging from fabric? Something like a lion with a big mane and a long tail, that she could hang on her wall, that would be cute as well as functional.

Have fun with this one -

DonnaR/CA

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 10:05AM
mstevenson

Thanks Donna, That is a really good idea. She is doing her room in monkeys this year. So I may make a sock monkey with a pocket in it where they could put a note. Thanks for the idea.

Mary

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 11:19AM
More Discussions
oval cape
I recently saw a BEAUTIFUL cape made of oatmeal sherpa...
mommalin
Help me pick: Brother xl3750 or Singer 4423?
I'd like to get into some sewing projects, I did some...
williamsem
White serger
I have a White Superlock 2000 serger. I have been sewing...
kathielo
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
caroline94535
Newbie Needle Question
How do you know it is time for a new needle? And, the...
Merrygardener
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™