Faucets repair help please

birdgardnerOctober 12, 2013

Lavatory faucet Kohler Fairfax widespread. Both sides leaking under handles. Popped off top buttons, unscrewed screws, cannot lift/remove handles to get at cartridge.

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Fairfax-widespread-bathroom-sink-faucet-with-lever-handles/productDetail/Sink-Faucets/416163.htm?skuId=362362#

Kitchen Delta Foundations Single Lever Pullout faucet, leaking under handle. Removed set screw in handle, sprayed inside with vinegar and WD 40, cannot remove handle to get at ball valve.

http://www.faucetdirect.com/delta-b4310lf-foundations-core-b-pullout-spray-kitchen-faucet/p1306905

Personal rant: what good is a lifetime parts warranty when lifetime means 12 years and 5 years respectively, AND there are no d--- instructions AND the things won't come apart?

I put these (deleted) in just fine but now I can't fix them. I paid good money and I HATE working with sinks. Especially under them. Give me a toilet any day.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snoonyb

Buy a handle puller and when you re-installl use a little faucet lube, which you should have done in the first place.

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 8:59PM
homebound

You need a handle puller. Once you get the handles up, you probably still have to remove the bodies under them. try unscrewing with both hands, or use a small strap wrench.

This post was edited by homebound on Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 22:23

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 10:20PM
birdgardner

Thanks. I see how the handle puller will work for the lavatory handles but not for the single handle kitchen faucet. The center shaft would have to go right into the handle. Do they make a different kind for that or is there some other trick ? I thought of fitting a wood brace under it and tapping the brace with a hammer.

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 11:08PM
snoonyb

Since any repairs or adjustments require that the handle be removed, remove the set screw and, repeatedly, apply your chemicals, CLR, vinegar or lime away, into that space.
Attempt to move the handle in s motion adverse to its normal motion.

If all else fails, be prepared to sacrifice the handle.

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 8:26AM
More Discussions
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
sierrashopper
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
tlbean2004
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
media529
Jacking house up
Ok the first time I posted in wrong place. I'm going...
music9704
Roof repair -- fair price?
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here and...
vashts85
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™