What type of caulk do I use on splittling cement

bibboOctober 23, 2008

I have an old home that is shifting. Our porch has cracks in it as does along the stair and base. The cracks are about an 1/8 "

I want to seal them before the winter so the cracks dont spread.

any ideas?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Butyl rubber caulk.

This is what I Googled, "caulk for concrete and brick"

    Bookmark   October 24, 2008 at 10:06AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you can find gray polyurethane caulk it is way better then butyl.

It also costs more.

    Bookmark   October 24, 2008 at 5:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Nothing is going to work for long if you don't fix the problem of shifting. The cracks will keep getting bigger and anything you put in them will fail.

    Bookmark   October 26, 2008 at 9:39AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
Insulating an inaccessible crawl space?
My 1940s bungalow style house sits on a crawl space...
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™