Silly Question #1

berainJuly 4, 2004

Do men like women to wear their hair up or down?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ripet

I can't tell you since I'm not a man but I want to add a question, I hope you don't mind.

silly question #2
Do men like women to wear their hair straight or curled a little?

Bookmark   July 4, 2004 at 9:16PM
Tinmantu

I can't speak for all men, but I like women that wear their hear down so that I can run my fingers through it...as far as the second question, I'd have to say that I like the wave because it makes me feel more at home because my hair tends to be a bit wavy too....still waiting for a truly silly question....heh....good idea for a thread Barb....I'll put on the thinking cap for one for you ladies

Bookmark   July 4, 2004 at 11:05PM
Tinmantu

I can see that the tinman needs spell checking...LOL
hear =hair

Bookmark   July 4, 2004 at 11:14PM
bunnyman

The best way to wear your hair is with a smile. Up, down, sideways, curly, or plain fried off because you put to many hair treatments in it I don't really think it matters two swishs of the cats tail. But then don't take my advice because I'm single. I have bit of a thing for longer hair but then I keep my own a couple feet long.

Really do you care what a guys hair looks like so long as it sits on the head of Mr. Perfect? I think I read in the dating rule book that you must straighten curly hair and curl straight hair in order to be considered attractive.

: )
michael

Bookmark   July 5, 2004 at 12:04AM
browntoestoo

I have always gotten the impression that men prefer long hair worn down on women. Most men tend to prefer minimal hair product, I think. But I'm a woman so what do I know?

On another note, I have always felt more comfortable dating men whose hair was shorter mine. I have worn my hair every possible length from long enough to sit on to very short so I've covered the gamut.

Bookmark   July 5, 2004 at 2:12AM
jessiecarole

I like to wear my hair up (working, gardening, cooking). Down is a signal that I am ready to relax and just be jc.

There is a certain type of bald man with big beautiful eyes that makes me look twice.

Bookmark   July 5, 2004 at 8:56AM
Tinmantu

bunnyman, funny you should talk about doing the opposite of how your hair is....I have curly and wavy hair and as a kid in junior high and high school I'd have my mom or sis put hair straightner in it because I hated it so much.....as I have gotten older I have learned to accept the curly hair and appreciate every one that doesn't fall out...heh

Bookmark   July 6, 2004 at 7:37PM
photobob

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm one who thinks the best way to jump in is to, well, jump in!

To answer the original question: It depends. [g]

For silly question #2: Hey, it's your "look". You're most attractive when you're comfortable with what you have.

First disclaimer: In the workplace, different rules apply. We won't even go there...

Otherwise, I think jessiecarole hit it pretty squarely on the nose. Hair can be a pretty strong form of body language. In general, "hair up" is a fairly clear signal of an agenda. Gardening, cleaning, etc., her main concern is a particular project at hand. Even going out, hair up is lovely and elegant but that look in itself is (appears to be?) the agenda. If that agenda is to look her best on my arm, well how great is that?

"Hair down" indicates a more relaxed mood, more open, closer to the "real person". I prefer the softer, more casual look, and I think most men like the natural look.

So, the simple answer is down.

But I can't help wondering if this isn't like the old joke:

"Do you prefer the red dress, or the green dress?

"I like the green one."

(sobbing) "Why do you hate the red one?"

[grins]

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 4:08PM
walksalone

Welcome, photobob.

What is a short haired woman to do???

I cut off the long curly eighties style six years ago. I have never had so many compliments.

Can't wear it up or down. If it is spiked, watch out!

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 5:56PM
Tinmantu

yes welcome bob....and Walks you intrigue me...might have to stop in to say HI as I am on my way to have jc take my computer away from me :)

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 7:02PM
walksalone

JC, are you there??? ROFLMAO!

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 10:58PM
jessiecarole

can't talk now

have company

;-)

Bookmark   July 12, 2004 at 8:38AM
photobob

Short hair? See my answer to silly question #2.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Bookmark   July 12, 2004 at 8:53AM
jessiecarole

tell us about yourself pbob. Your page doesn't say much.

Bookmark   July 12, 2004 at 11:51AM
fishead

Lets face it, whether your hair is long, short, or non- existent doesn't really matter - it's the person beneath the scalp that's important.
If you're interested in first impressions, think about what you find attractive in a guy. Are men really that much different than women?
Ranting.
Fish

Bookmark   July 12, 2004 at 10:24PM
photobob

Well JC, my first true love is photography. It's my craft, not a hobby, so you will rarely see me with a camera unless I'm working. But I'm talented, make no mistake there.

I'm big, bald, bearded, and butt-ugly. If I walked into a room, your "second look" would be for an exit. Trust me.

My sense of humor is a little more warped than my imagination, and not always appreciated for what it is. But I can be sorta witty, semi-interesting, and can even be something that approaches charming. In this forum venue, I could probably pull that off...

My interests are wide and varied, and I'm rarely without an opinion. Current "project" is expanding my personal cookbook. Although I'm a pretty decent cook, I need to add some variety to my list of specialties.

Favorite female body part: Eyes.

To be a stereotypical male pig: Legs.

'Nuff?

Bookmark   July 13, 2004 at 9:41AM
jessiecarole

yes. thank you. I cannot resist.

I know you would think me a diletante and a bore, pbbo, but I have just discovered a sort of photography myself. I have been looking at purchasing a laptop, scanner, and printer so that I can expand my play. I would like to see some of your work. Pretend this is not the "singles" forum. ~grin~ I am harmless.

Bookmark   July 13, 2004 at 7:14PM
More Discussions
singles and dogs?
Hi all, I haven't posted here before and just found...
katrina_ellen
What do you for entertainment
I was curious about what the rest of you do when you...
emma
Oh my I am so bored
I settled the problem with my home owners association,...
emma
Good Morning Everyone
It is such a beautiful day here in Kansas and I feel...
emma
Expecting a Blizzard
We just had 14 inches of snow last week which was the...
emma
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™