Approx cost to replace cabinets?
I just got some numbers from the design center for the new house I'm building and am having sticker shock from the cabinet pricing.
I have the following cabinets in the kitchen:
(7) - 36"Wx24"Dx34.5"H base cabinets with 2 doors
(7) - 36"Wx12"Dx42"H wall cabinets with 2 doors
(1) - 30"Wx12"Dx24"H over microwave wall cabinet with 2 doors
(1) - 36"Wx12"Dx12"H over fridge wall cabinet with 2 doors
(1) - 36"Wx24"Dx34.5"H under sink cabinet with 2 doors
(1) - 24"Wx24"Dx34.5"H base cabinet with 1 door
The standard choices are flat panel cabinet doors in a natural oak or maple. I was quoted $5600 to upgrade to cherry wood raised panel cabinets with burgandy stain.
That price seems unreasonable to me. I was just curious if it's possible to come in later and have someone remove the existing cabinets, save the granite countertop, then install new cabinets and re-install the granite?
I'm thinking it would probably cost the same or less, but I'd have an extra set of cabinets that I could use in other places around the home.
I'm going to swing by Home Depot today to ask them if that's something they can do but wanted to ask the experts first :)