Organization question (newbie)

cornishgirlJuly 20, 2008

Hi. I'm new to scrapbooking and would appreciate suggestions on the following:

1. I'm doing scrapbooks for each of my sons from birth to marriage and was wondering if, instead of doing the whole thing chronologically, I could divide it into sections, e.g. Family Holidays, Events, Growing Up, My Family (I would of course organize each section chronologically). Do you think this would work?

2. What is the best fairly inexpensive oval/circle cutter? Do I really need an elaborate machine, or is there something simpler. I saw a Fiskar's Ultra Shape Express Die Cutter -- could that be used for photographs?

Thanks. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cynnamama

I have been using Fiskar's Ultra Shape Express Die Cutter and it's not easy to use. I've slipped with the razor you'll have to rotate the cutter as the razor blade does not turn along inside the template and have damaged couple of my pictures. I'm keeping the templates and I hold the picture up on the window (lights through) to get where you want to cut out, mark with non-toxic on the back of the picture and cut out using the scissors. It takes more time but saves the hassles from damaging the pictures and myself!

By the way youÂll learn more and get quick answers (not many ppl come here - very slow) if you go to www.scrapbook.com.

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 4:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cornishgirl

Thanks for the info. about the Shape Express. Think I'll look out for something else. Will also try the other web site.

Thanks.

Bookmark   July 24, 2008 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
New to Scrapbooking and Need Some Help
I haven't actually started yet, but just gathering...
Karen10125
Scrapbooking baby
Hi, I have 2 small children - aged 3 and 5. Instead...
c_steinbacher
Cricut cutting machine
I was wondering if any of you have purchased the Cricut...
busymom801
Help with beach or picnic wording
I have searched high and low.....Im having a thermal...
eileenlaunonen
wording for invitation help
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this...
txswetie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™