Hole in polyester shell

davestexasMay 11, 2012

This is prolly the wrong place to ask, but do not see a better place, so please bear with me:

Yesterday I wore my rain jacket for the first time in a year or maybe more. Outer shell is polyester and I noticed a small 1/4" size hole in it. Color of shell is dark blue. How can I fix/repair this hole? Would a Hobby Lobby or similar place have something like an iron-on tape for this type repair? Better advice on this fix? Thank you, I appreciate all help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Snomam

I'd be afraid an iron would melt the jacket fabric. You could sew on a small embroidery patch, depending on where the hole is. Maybe scatter several tiny flower patches in a decorative arrangement. Another thought is to use fabric glue, maybe there is a place you could trim a tiny piece off a seam allowance and slide it into the hole, then glue it. Good luck!

Bookmark   May 13, 2012 at 10:43AM
LauraBC

If you have a small scrap of the fabric, you can use a fabric glue and put it on from the inside. If you use a teflon sheet you can press it without melting the fabric. But don't go very hot with the iron temperature.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 4:09PM
davestexas

Thank you Kim. Thank you Laura. Fabric glue..hmmm, didn't know there was such a glue. Well I'll find some of that and follow the advice. I very-much appreciate the help. Thanks

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
Anyone use Singer Touch 'n' Sew?
My Singer is one of the old Touch 'n' Sew's from about...
socks
Sewing Plus Size Clothing
Does anybody here sew plus size clothing for re-sale?...
catsoup
Bernette Serger 334D - a Classic!
I love this serger, bought it used many years ago,...
gramfel
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™