Hole in polyester shell

davestexasMay 11, 2012

This is prolly the wrong place to ask, but do not see a better place, so please bear with me:

Yesterday I wore my rain jacket for the first time in a year or maybe more. Outer shell is polyester and I noticed a small 1/4" size hole in it. Color of shell is dark blue. How can I fix/repair this hole? Would a Hobby Lobby or similar place have something like an iron-on tape for this type repair? Better advice on this fix? Thank you, I appreciate all help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Snomam

I'd be afraid an iron would melt the jacket fabric. You could sew on a small embroidery patch, depending on where the hole is. Maybe scatter several tiny flower patches in a decorative arrangement. Another thought is to use fabric glue, maybe there is a place you could trim a tiny piece off a seam allowance and slide it into the hole, then glue it. Good luck!

Bookmark   May 13, 2012 at 10:43AM
LauraBC

If you have a small scrap of the fabric, you can use a fabric glue and put it on from the inside. If you use a teflon sheet you can press it without melting the fabric. But don't go very hot with the iron temperature.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 4:09PM
davestexas

Thank you Kim. Thank you Laura. Fabric glue..hmmm, didn't know there was such a glue. Well I'll find some of that and follow the advice. I very-much appreciate the help. Thanks

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
questions about sewing lipped cord onto draperies
I am sewing drapery panels that will have a 2 foot...
lsst
a cutting table surface perhaps using foam
i'm creating my own pinnable cutting table with a 4X8...
mineemee
Can anyone help identify these fabrics? {PB Brooklyn in Lavender}
Hi there, I absolutely love the PB Brooklyn Crib bedding...
audreyrama
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
The little Singer 15- made her way home today!
I went back to the Thrift Store and asked the clerk...
caroline94535
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™