Starting a Scrapbook for Grandchildren

florindaeJuly 1, 2002

Hello Crafters,

I am new to this site and hope to get some pointers on my project that I am about to start.

In the last two years I have collected many small mementos such as Birthdaycards, pressed flowers from outings etc. which relate to my grandchild.

I would like to combine some of this items in a scrapbook since the parents seem not to save anything for her.

My question is: do you make your own scrapbooks to add items in or is there a source for ideas for these books??

I could not locate any in the town I live.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Florindae

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

I've attached a link to an article I found for getting started. I got started after being invited to a scrapbook party for a chain supplier. I made up two pages there, but the lady wouldn't sell me the full size paper without going to more of her parties so I didn't buy her scrapbooks. (They are nice, but very expensive.) I found out that I could buy basic templates, paper, scissors, etc. at Wal-Mart. I pretty much did my own thing for a while, but I look for ideas now and you can buy idea books. Do a web search, there are several on-line places that sell supplies. I get most of mine from a local scrapbook store. I did try out the twopeasinabucket site recently. It had more variety than I have locally, but they were out of a lot of the paper colors that I wanted.

As far as a basic scrapbook, I've migrated to a scrapbook comparable to a 3 ring binder. I use the acid free protector sheets to store my pages. This works well for me because my two year likes to look at the pages and touch things.

I try to include things in my books that are acid free lignin free, but there are exceptions. For the baby books, I have pregnancy tests, hospital bills, hospital wrist bands, locks of hair, etc. The locks of hair are in little clear envelopes that are made just for scrapbooking. I could work around the acid, lignin content of the other things by photocopying it or taking pictures, but I want originals.

Check out the article and have fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: Getting started

Bookmark   July 3, 2002 at 2:29PM
More Discussions
Anyone do digital scrapbooking?
I've tried traditional scrapbooking over the years...
schoolbelle
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
Scrapbooking baby
Hi, I have 2 small children - aged 3 and 5. Instead...
c_steinbacher
Your Story Question
I just purchased the Yourstory machine to bind my cookbooks...
lawmar
Warning about a Scrapbook site
Right after downloading an app from the site Scrapbook...
jubileej
Sponsored Products
Farberware Chicory Mirror 20 pc. Flatware Set - 326120FBB12DS
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Pets Choice Bully Stick Premium Chews Dog Treat - 031CW6-PZ6
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Winston Veneto Cushion Ultra Swivel Tilt Lounge Chair - M25020-JAV-180
Hayneedle
Calypso Queen Tufted Headboard
$1,099.00 | Horchow
Tommy Bahama by Lexington Home Brands Ocean Club Ocean Reef Rectangular Wood and
$679.00 | Hayneedle
Crosley 3-Piece Pub Set with Cabriole Leg and School House Stools - KD320003MA
$329.00 | Hayneedle
Dolmar 24.5CC 4-cycle Hand-held Leaf Blower
Overstock.com
PlayStar Playsets Ready To Assemble Legend Starter Swing Set - KT 74735
Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™