Bayareafrancy.....I love the fact that you always report in.

budsterMay 30, 2009

To let us know of your trials and successes. I picture you layering your "pooched out neckline" top over a T-shirt wearing your apron with the pooched out pockets ... and going grocery shopping. Who knows you could become a trend setter. As for DS's shrunk jammies....flannel like others said does shrink alot....and I for one wash every fabric before I cut it but that is me....Thanks for the postings. Budster

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheesh

I think it's great, too! I'm sure we all wore goofy things when we were starting out.

Bookmark   May 30, 2009 at 1:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bayareafrancy

Thank you so very much for continuing to advise me, or at least make me laugh so hard that I'm spitting earl grey on Ms. Magnolia.

I've been working all weekend on a non-knit top. I've done everything but one sleeve. I'm dreading the last sleeve, because it likely won't be exactly even/the same as the other one. But gotta try it......

This fabric is a linen/rayon blend, which has been SO much easier to work with than the knit. Except that it shreds and frays faster than Life cereal left in milk. But I've been using one of the nifty overlock stitches on the Flower Power--super fun to use!

This current neckline is also much better. It looked perfect when I cut everything out, but once I lost the seam allowance, it became a bit too big. And I even added 1/4" to it when cutting. Next time I'll add even more.

Or maybe I just need to switch to those paste-on bra thingies that the movie stars all wear to the Oscars when they need to go strapless?

After I finish this one, I'll try to get my 5 year old to take a picture of me wearing it. I've been lax about posting finished photos--sorry! I know it is much more fun to see finished products!

:-)

francy

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 12:18PM
More Discussions
Sewing eyelet material onto T shirt to make it longer?
The eyelet material is not stretch. Of course the T...
hobby_libby
Roll call please
Just wondering how many of us made the change to Houz. Would...
kathyg_in_mi
Drop feed dogs or cover?
Would not having feed dogs that drop, but instead having...
hobby_libby
Seamstress Needed
Hi, Is there any experience seamstresses in Illinois...
loppsylou50
Anyone use Singer Touch 'n' Sew?
My Singer is one of the old Touch 'n' Sew's from about...
socks
Sponsored Products
Sanded gold poeta prisma picture frame
Origin Crafts
Globe Electric Recessed Lighting 3 in. White Recessed Lighting Kits Combo
$37.98 | Home Depot
Town Beige Cotton Border Rug (6' x 9')
Overstock.com
Laura Ashley Lamp Shades Charlotte 16 in. Red Barrel Shade SBB01316
$49.50 | Home Depot
University of Southern California Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor