Interesting Observation

dadoesMay 18, 2003

It appears that 99.9999% of the posts here are women. There apparently are no more single men . . . perhaps that's why you ladies are single??

:-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
browntoestoo

Maybe, but I doubt it. I think women are inherently more verbal and more inclined to talk about feelings, experiences, etc. Many men will give you the facts and/or their opinion but are less inclined to embellish or analyze interpersonal interactions. Mind you, this is a very broad generalization. Maybe the fellows are hanging out on the tractor forum...hmmm. I can learn to like tractors...yeah, that's the ticket!

Bookmark   May 19, 2003 at 2:58AM
teri2

It's an interesting observation but I think the conclusion is off base. I'm betting that the majority of single women who post here are single by choice. What say ye, ladies?

Teri

Bookmark   May 27, 2003 at 3:30PM
lilod

Single by choice - shall stay that way, even tottering off into the sunset smiling as I say that!)
Lilo

Bookmark   May 28, 2003 at 9:47AM
Daisyduckworth

Definitely NOT single by choice! I've found that men are like parking spaces - all the good ones are taken, and the rest are Handicapped or too far away. There certainly is a distinct shortage in this forum!

Bookmark   May 28, 2003 at 10:03PM
SandiD

Daisy, I love that bit about the parking spaces. LOL!

Personally, I'm open to possibilities.

Bookmark   May 29, 2003 at 10:42AM
Carrie B

Remember that "single by choice" can mean any number of things, including but not limited to:

-I've decided that I want to be single for my entire/the rest of my life.

-I've decided to leave a relationship I was in. Therefore I'm single by choice.

-I've chosen to stay single until I meet someone I really want to be with.

etc.

Bookmark   May 30, 2003 at 4:51PM
coco3

It's more like I'm divorced by choice Being single is the end result.Would I ever get married again? I doubt it at my age unless ..... who knows. Guess anything is possible.

Bookmark   June 3, 2003 at 10:31PM
mskeetpod

Maybe there should be a post for Widows and Widowers. We are single. But not by choice. We would enjoy the conversation with other not by choice singles.

Bookmark   June 7, 2003 at 8:17PM
lpinkmountain

I would be surprised if there were a lot of men posting on this site. Doesn't seem like their thing for the reasons browntoestoo pointed out. I have several single male friends and I have found that they don't much like talking about the single life. Some guys figure, if there's no goal or point to the conversation, why dwell on it.

My brother lives in Germany, I hardly ever see him, and once when he came to visit I invited him to go out with a group of my friends on Friday after work and he declined, saying "I don't want to be the rooster in the hen house!" I was so pissed off at him! Excuse me, my friends just happened to be single women! I wouldn't knock going out with his male buddies! My friends wanted to meet my brother only because they knew he was important to me and they were my friends. He lived in another country, they hardly expected to get set up with him. But I made the mistake of calling it "ladies night out" and that was the end of it for my brother.

Anyway, it is a rare fellow who has the gift of gab and wants to just chat with the ladies. At least that's been my experience. Sometimes that is a great quality, something I love about men, the focus on tasks rather than talk.

Bookmark   June 22, 2003 at 10:11PM
More Discussions
Never wanted to get married
I've now turned 53 and have had no desire to ever get married....
robar
Really good news!
But no one to share it with. I paid off my mortgage!!!...
eclair
Online - Internet Dating Sites
I have been single for about 7 years and ready to get...
sadler_mkb
What to do when you have no money to get a lawyer
I've been a GardenWeb member for quite a while, and...
jeaninwa
Adults estranged from parents
Hi, i am new to this forum but am glad that i found...
bstark35
Sponsored Products
Bolla Bronze One-Light Bath Fixture with Cocoon Glass
$153.00 | Bellacor
Wall End Angle
CliqStudios Cabinets
Select Luxury Reversible Medium Firm 10-inch Queen-size Foam Mattress
Overstock.com
Wild Palm Tree Pillow Cover
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Silver Glass Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware