Mary Proctor Flip Ironing Board

charann102_2006May 24, 2009

I have two Mary Proctor Flip Ironing Boards and love them! I would like to buy two or three additional ones for family members but am having no luck in finding any.

These ironing boards were made in the 1950s or 1960s. I checked Ebay and they have none for sale. Even going to Google turned up nothing.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I sew a lot and they are truly my best sewing room product next to my Bernina sewing machine and Rowenta irons!

Thanks so much everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

Sorry,never heard of them,can you show us a picture?? I grew up in the 50's so maybe i'll recognize it.
Kathi

Bookmark   May 24, 2009 at 5:53PM
birdtalker

http://www.miracleironing.com/
try this link they have mary proctor single and double flips listed no picture that I could see

Bookmark   June 2, 2009 at 11:03PM
steveccc

I have what I think is called a single flip. A rectangular board and one end folds down. A classic 1950's turquiose tubular leg board. Is this what you are looking for? I just bought a new ironing board to fit a remodeled space.

Bookmark   March 20, 2010 at 9:55AM
baallen2_juno_com

I have a double flip made in 1960 and am looking for a cover. Any Ideas? Let me know - Thanks

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 6:05PM
lilbitclark_comcast_net

I have Model 41069 Proctor ironingboard and am looking for a cover and pad. It is 57 inches long.

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 2:30PM
rosefolly

I don't have one of those, but I do have a Mary Proctor iron that my mother got as a wedding gift when she was married in the 1950's. I just had the cord replaced with a reproduction of the original cloth-covered cord (made to modern standards on the inside). I just love it. Because it is not a steam iron, it is perfect for pressing damp cotton fabric and getting all the wrinkles out! And no little marks made by the steam vents. I just treasure this iron.

Rosefolly

Bookmark   March 18, 2011 at 9:41PM
bclarson_stny_rr_com

I need a ironing board cover. Love the ironing board. Have had it for over fifty years.

Bookmark   May 12, 2011 at 9:48AM
empress

I did a google search and found several likely places. The Sew4Less site says, "We offer a full line of replacement ironing board covers and pads for the Mary Proctor...

Also found at miracleironing.com http://www.miracleironing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_code=mi&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=018

Here is a link that might be useful: Sew4Less

Bookmark   May 12, 2011 at 4:16PM
nanny98

Wow...My DH was SO exasperated with me a few years ago when my 1950's MP ironing board bit the dust. I had had it welded back together after a move overseas and purchasing 2 or 3 available ironing boards just didn't work. Then Miracle of Miracles happened and QVC had one on their show. Don't remember what its name was, but it has been a great substitute. Not cheap, seems like $100+, and worth every penny. I just checked QVC and it looks the same. It has been a successful replacement. BTW..I always made my own covers, and this one has lasted very well (however I am not ironing USMC uniforms anymore). Nanny

Bookmark   May 12, 2011 at 10:59PM
Judybah_gmail_com

I had one of the Mary Proctor flip ironing boards in the 60's and just loved it. It was great for ironing shirts/blouses and large items like table cloths. When I could no longer find new covers for it, I got rid of it. Big mistake---should have just made a new cover myself. Would love to have one again. Judy

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 12:50AM
Grannateri

to: Judy Hawks. I just sent you an email saying that I have a Mary Proctor Ironing board. Let me know if you are still looking for one. Thanks, Teri

Bookmark   December 28, 2011 at 9:17PM
organic_shellydawn

Hi Teri -

If you still have the Mary Proctor Ironing board available I would be interested.

Thanks!
Shelly

Bookmark   May 25, 2012 at 1:11PM
elodielou

I found one and it is in great condition. I am willing to sell it at reasonable price of $20.00 plus cost of shipping. I bought a different board for myself. Please respond back to me if you still want the board.

Bookmark   August 24, 2013 at 3:45PM
trb123

to elodielou:
If you still have the Mary Proctor double flip ironing board I am interested. Thanks.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 10:48AM
ktwheat

elodielou

Do you still have the Mary Proctor Ironing board. I would VERY much be interested in purchasing it if you do, depending on how much you are asking for it.

Thank you!!

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 3:42PM
Helen631

I have a Mary Proctor Ironing Board I just saved from my Dad "cleaning up" -- putting out to the road.
It is likely from the '50's or early '60's. I am not sure if I am going to keep it or what. I have two. It is missing one of the rubber coverings on the end of the cross piece that goes on the floor. Has the other three. If anyone has any interest in this let me know. Would always like to see things re-used!

Bookmark   September 13, 2014 at 11:08PM
rearea1222

Helen631,
Do you still have the board? I might be interested. Message me and let me know if still available.

Thanks!
Rachel
rachel_aucoin@hotmail.com

Bookmark   October 15, 2014 at 10:30PM
More Discussions
questions about sewing lipped cord onto draperies
I am sewing drapery panels that will have a 2 foot...
lsst
Sewing eyelet material onto T shirt to make it longer?
The eyelet material is not stretch. Of course the T...
hobby_libby
sewing machine about to die?
I have to admit I have had quite a few problems all...
jjjjade H
bernina activa 131
Hi, There is a Bernina Activa 131 that has come up...
melaniejo
foot pedal not moving needle
We have a Brother Limited Edition Project Runway Sewing...
somae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™