nothing, really

joulesR4meMay 18, 2004

Just wanted to see *what's up* ....???

I started back to school this week - wow, so weird. But I was very relieved to find that I wasn't the only one who, after 10+ years, was back in class! Strange how schools seem to smell the same. Anyway, all the kids seem really nice and found some that I have lots to share. I am worried about doing well though (Anatomy & Physiology) since I haven't had to study in soooooo long and the instructor warned that the summer/compressed session is a *%#()*@*. Heck, it was over 15 yrs ago since I took the pre-requisite course! One thing I giggled at - a sign on the door saying to turn off all cell phones & beepers. I obliged.

I'm thinking of hiring a cleaning service to help with house upkeep and possibly a lawn service for the summer. I hope this will prevent me from another meltdown ... and encourage me to study and still have a little fun.

I'm also trying to make a list - that is, a hurricane supply list. I don't want to wait till the last minute and I think that after last season I cleaned out all the good food and batteries (not in the same seating). I keep wondering about hurricane shutters - then I just go into denial.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tinmantu

I'd say this is something.....Really!!!.....congrats for taking the initiative Joules...not enough of us do that and I admire anyone that does....Kayjones has done the same and I am sure that she is doing great at it....Don't forget the half pint of Absolut in the hurricane supply kit! ;)

Bookmark   May 18, 2004 at 7:45PM
kayjones

Joules, get ready to really dig deep for those memory cells! I just completed 6 hours, and it was a blast, but being in class with thirty young adults was daunting to say the least. I think I am fairly intelligent, but found, after ten years, that teaching methods have changed drastically. I also found it intimidating to be taught by a teacher HALF my age. You must be informed: not much intimidates me - I'm an Aries. Gosh, I found a whole new world of interests! I can't wait to go back this fall to take an anatomy class or a biology class.

Jeeze, I guess I must admit I am getting old!!! LOL I feel thirty most of the time, but with all those 'kids' in class with me, I feel so 'mature'.

Bookmark   May 18, 2004 at 10:35PM
walksalone

Joules, it is scary and exciting. Bravo to you. I did it and I am so glad of my "maturity" to handle the class and homework. Alot of snickers for those whose dog ate the homework. Or I stayed up too late last nite, partying. Good Luck!

Bookmark   May 27, 2004 at 8:21PM
More Discussions
One for the kiddies
Here is my latest wallpaper.
emma
Never wanted to get married
I've now turned 53 and have had no desire to ever get married....
robar
Singles discrimination.
Events where the singles price is not half the couples...
eclair
Really bored here
In case you haven't picked up on it I am really, really...
emma
Coffee Shop III
Hello, everyone. I had to smile. I was looking for...
candler
Sponsored Products
Nest Friends Salt & Pepper Shakers - Set of 2
$14.99 | Dot & Bo
Allie Handmade Geometric Black/ Teal Wool Rug (5' x 7'6)
Overstock.com
Butterfly Pedestal Birdbath
Signature Hardware
LZF | Agatha Suspension Light - Large
YLighting
Bentley Brushed Nickel Finish Two Light Island Pendant with Frosted Glass
$249.99 | Bellacor
79" Marble Dining Table Tempered Glass Travertine - NAXOS
Living'ROC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™