Weekend Getaways

pondscum35June 3, 2006

Have any of you ever gone on any Scrapbooking weekend getaways? Where do you go? How did you like them?

Happy Scrappin,

Terry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
santacltr2

Terry,

I've never gone on a weekend getaway, I've been asked to go but I can't sit that long. I'd feel like I was bothering everyone else.

Nancy

Bookmark   June 5, 2006 at 7:31AM
sue102

A couple of years ago I went to a Scrapbook Convention in Milwaukee. It was great! They had a huge crop on Friday night and many, many classes on Saturday. I chose to go to 3 classes and loved them all. They were each about 1 hour so the sitting time was short and you got to make at least 1 project in each class. There was also a nice shopping area but it was horrendously crowded.
Sue

Bookmark   June 20, 2006 at 9:56AM
learn_as_i_go

I joined a group of friends for a scrapbooking weekend that we did all ourselves. We went to a beach house in the OBX, the 'Army Navy Clubhouse' in Corolla, NC. We arrived Friday evening, hauled our stuff into the house and then sang karaoke and relaxed. Saturday and part of Sunday we scrapped most of the day with breaks to walk by the ocean, get food, etc. It was totally self-paced and peaceful! We left Sunday afternoon relaxed and happy.

The homeowner was really flexible about renting during the off season, and charges a much-reduced rate that comes out to about $100/person. I'd recommend checking it out if you're interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: fun scrapping beach house

Bookmark   August 31, 2006 at 8:35PM
More Discussions
Photo Refill Pages
I am hoping that you guys can help me with this problem...
cajelidi
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
How do I apply eyelets?
I need some help from you artistic and creative people....
caroline94535
Which Cricut machine to keep?
My daughter received two Cricut machines as gifts....
azmom
Scrapbooking Kit for Boy's 1st Birthday
I have never scrapbooked before, but I would love to...
deltazinnia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™