Where to buy wide elastic

dawnpMay 31, 2010

I am interested in making a few skirts like the one pictured for my daughter. I am having trouble finding the wide(3 or 4 inch)elastic that they used for the waistband. Does anyone know a place that I might buy some?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

Look for fold over elastic. I know diaper sites like "diapercuts" on line sell 1 inch folded--2 inches folded in half--for making all in one diapers. I've dealt with diapercuts when making my grandsons diapers and they are a good company to deal with, if you decide i inch is enough.

They must sell it other places in wider widths though. Look for or ask for foldover elastic. I hope that helps. Sometimes just knowing what something is called makes the search easier

Bookmark   May 31, 2010 at 9:46PM
dawnp

Thank you oilpainter. I actually found it! They had it at Joann's. It was not on their website but I found it in the store. The store employee told me that the supplier for the website is different than the store. I found that to be odd.

Anyway, we(DD & I) bought some cute fabric as well. So for $10 I am making her a skirt that costs $35 in the store.

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 10:54PM
felyneluvr

I run an online sewing supplies and notions webstore at www.ciscosewingsuppliesandnotions.com. I will be happy to check with my suppliers for you.
I'm also happy to look for any other difficult-to-find sewing supplies. Just drop me a note at the store or post here on the forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sewing Elastic

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
Need help identifying a fabric brand please.
This is a pretty upholstery fabric.
Adria Jackson
Help me pick: Brother xl3750 or Singer 4423?
I'd like to get into some sewing projects, I did some...
williamsem
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
caroline94535
Keeping the tredal cabinet, swapping the machine (does not fit)
We have an Eldredge treadle machine and it's rusty...
archangel2003
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™