Where to buy wide elastic

dawnpMay 31, 2010

I am interested in making a few skirts like the one pictured for my daughter. I am having trouble finding the wide(3 or 4 inch)elastic that they used for the waistband. Does anyone know a place that I might buy some?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

Look for fold over elastic. I know diaper sites like "diapercuts" on line sell 1 inch folded--2 inches folded in half--for making all in one diapers. I've dealt with diapercuts when making my grandsons diapers and they are a good company to deal with, if you decide i inch is enough.

They must sell it other places in wider widths though. Look for or ask for foldover elastic. I hope that helps. Sometimes just knowing what something is called makes the search easier

Bookmark   May 31, 2010 at 9:46PM
dawnp

Thank you oilpainter. I actually found it! They had it at Joann's. It was not on their website but I found it in the store. The store employee told me that the supplier for the website is different than the store. I found that to be odd.

Anyway, we(DD & I) bought some cute fabric as well. So for $10 I am making her a skirt that costs $35 in the store.

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 10:54PM
felyneluvr

I run an online sewing supplies and notions webstore at www.ciscosewingsuppliesandnotions.com. I will be happy to check with my suppliers for you.
I'm also happy to look for any other difficult-to-find sewing supplies. Just drop me a note at the store or post here on the forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sewing Elastic

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
Sewing Plus Size Clothing
Does anybody here sew plus size clothing for re-sale?...
catsoup
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
caroline94535
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
barb_roselover_in
Don't want to mess this up Please Help!
I'm wanting to make a doll for my granddaughter using...
skyanne_9
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
josephene_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™