Does anyone know of any 'travel for singles' resources?

marilouMay 13, 2004

I am getting vacation fever and have not enjoyed going alone. Does anyone know of any vacation packages geared toward singles? Cruises, air/hotel/tour packages, etc?

I've looked at a couple on the web but keep running into x-rated spam-type problems. I'm looking for something on the up-and-up, not a fly-by-night operation or meet-for-sex type thing.

Thanks!

M.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jessiecarole

I don't mind traveling or vacationing alone myself but I know what you mean. A single person cruise would be nice for many reasons if the point was NOT to couple up but to take a safe, classy vacation.

I sublet an apartment near the beach in San Diego (found it on Craig's list) for a month last year and the year before I drove down to the Gulf Coast (out of season cheap) and spent a couple of weeks. I watch for cheap airline tickets and make plans around them. I want to go and tramp around New England next.

There is a travel forum here that used to be quite active. I am home/workbound for awhile, but I am saving and planning.

jc

Bookmark   May 13, 2004 at 5:14PM
berain

I heard about a Christian singles cruise last year - leaving from my neck of the woods - Tampa Florida... I can see if anything like that exists again. Certainly not the rated - x type! But maybe too stuffy for some...

I'll see what I can dig up.

Barbara_Tampa

Bookmark   May 13, 2004 at 9:12PM
jessiecarole

I was wrong. The forum here is "Vacations" and "Family Vacations" on the inside.

The cheap tickets to London have been tempting me for years.

Bookmark   May 14, 2004 at 8:39AM
marilou

I've traveled alone too, but that's the way my last six trips have been and the next time around I'd like to try something else. Classy and safe--those are the right words to describe what I'd like!

I'll check out the travel forum. BTW, what is Craig's List?

M.

Bookmark   May 14, 2004 at 8:47AM
jessiecarole

here it is

Here is a link that might be useful: craigslist

Bookmark   May 14, 2004 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
Really bored here
In case you haven't picked up on it I am really, really...
emma
Adults estranged from parents
Hi, i am new to this forum but am glad that i found...
bstark35
Expecting a Blizzard
We just had 14 inches of snow last week which was the...
emma
Good Morning Everyone
It is such a beautiful day here in Kansas and I feel...
emma
Last weeks snow
I didn't know how to post 2 photos in one thread so...
emma
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™