What would you do with the babylock wave stitch?

sewnice50May 9, 2007

I am looking at the Babylock Evolve Wave and want to know what kinds of things could the wave stitch be used for? I see the obvious decorative edge, but I wonder if it really is worth spending the extra money for it? I am not that wild about the look to begin with. On the other hand, it is only $150.00 more, will I be sorry I didn't spring for it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

I just went and looked it up,since i had never seen it.To me ,it might be good for decorative edges on hankies,pillowcases.maybe the sleeve edges on a t-shirt.Other than that i can't think of a lot of uses for it.But if you can afford it,and you think you'd use it go for it,as you don't want to be sorry later on.JMHO
Kathi

Bookmark   May 9, 2007 at 12:28PM
bonnie-w

I have the Evole Imagine by Babylock and I LOVE it. I didn't see a big enough difference between the two to pay the extra money. I bought it mainly for the self threading and auto tension and they both work great. It also does a great rolled hem. I have done the rolled hem on everything from chiffon to table napkins and it does a great job. I also have the Janome five thread and do not care for it at all. It is a nightmare to thread and the thread was always braking. In general a pain to use. The imagine is easy to use and I would recommend it anyone.

Bonnie

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 7:58AM
sewnice50

Bonnie,

I am so pleased you love the Evolve. I was so hoping to hear good things about it. I wanted to ask if it comes with a easy to follow manual for the different stitches? I am going to pick it up this Monday and will take an lesson then. Is there anything in particular I should pay close attention too?

Sue

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 9:12AM
bonnie-w

Sue:

Yes it comes with a very good manual. I got a full binder with mine and it is written in plan language that is very easy to use. Also it comes with a quick referral sheet for the basic stitches. You can also buy additional feet for beading, elastic, ribbon etc. They run around $200.00. It is very easy to use and you should have no problems with it.

Have fun with it and I'm sure you will love it.

Bonnie

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 8:22AM
igloochic

I bought the Imagine and skipped the wave, but still wonder if I might want it LOL But since I was buying three machines, I had to stop somewhere! My love is crazy quilting so the serger was for that...and I didn't see the need for a "wave" edge on quilt squares LOL But you know, as with anything, it someday comes in handy.

The machine shop did throw in the five foot package for free though :) Which is nice because I have hundreds of yards of silk waiting to become curtains and quilts when our remodel work is in progress. No they won't have wave's on them...but I guess I can live.

I'm with the advice though to buy as much as you can afford. You never regret that in the end! I also got the Esante and wish I could have afforded the Ellegante heh heh but I suppose it's always good to have another version to stretch my budget for in the future!

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 12:48PM
More Discussions
Sewing eyelet material onto T shirt to make it longer?
The eyelet material is not stretch. Of course the T...
hobby_libby
Singer toy sewing machine question
Hi, I have a Singer Sewhandy toy electric sewing machine...
philanna273
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
caroline94535
sewing machine about to die?
I have to admit I have had quite a few problems all...
jjjjade H
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™