Mother's Day Greetings!

gneegirlMay 10, 2009

Just a quick note to say, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, to you and yours! We have WONDERFUL weather today - glistening,clear blue and sunny skies. No humidity and a great breeze. The temp is perfect, even with the breeze. Couldn't ask for a better day. (Why am I not on a boat somewhere!!)

My Mom isn't with us any longer, but I know she is still having a wonderful day. I thank God that he shared her with me for the time that she walked this Earth, and gave her the courage,love and wisdom, that she gave to me. I pass that foward to you, and hope everyone is enjoying their day.

gneegirl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eloise_ca

Hope your day was beautiful, gng, although your loved ones are in heaven! If you recall, my son is also in heaven.

I called my mom in AZ, met my family at church, afterwards we went to my DD's home for lunch, then we had reservations at 3:45 PM to see "Earth" in Hollywood. It was a blessed day.

In the morning, I called my DD to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. She said my GS, age 12, was making breakfast for her. Then, she whispered and said, he has been making breakfast for the past two hours! Anyway, she finally got to eat, LOL!

Bookmark   May 11, 2009 at 8:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gneegirl

Hi Eloise.

Yes, we do have special ones smiling down on us, and at this point, I'm glad we have the strength to look up and smile back. It's tough to do that on days like Mother's day, but we have been given a gift that allows us to do that. Big hug to you on that one!

I'm lmao at your DGS. I guess your daughter had brunch, huh. But then, lunch afterward...OMG. What a full day.

I hadn't heard about "Earth". I know you had a great time spending the day with your family.

I ended up cleaning out my hall closet - a real Mother's Day gift to me, for sure. It really needed it. I wish I didn't like all my coats, but I actually think I have a thing for coats and jackets. Some are from %%**## years ago!! Now at least they are all on hangers and not stuffed and crumpled on the floor. Luckily I have more 2 extra closets for that - whew! After that, I cleaned me up and visited outside with my neighbors. It was such a beautiful day, I decided to get a new propane tank and clean up the grill for dinner. Too bad I was too pooped to cook anything on it. I ended up grabbing a bratwurst that my neighbor had cooked on her grill. The day turned out great though.

Good to hear from you!

gneegirl

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 9:46PM
More Discussions
Really bored here
In case you haven't picked up on it I am really, really...
emma
Christmas
How many of you are spending it alone? Compared to...
emma
The holidays and being alone
I just wanted to say, from all of us in the 'alone...
kayjones
Good Morning Everyone
It is such a beautiful day here in Kansas and I feel...
emma
Never wanted to get married
I've now turned 53 and have had no desire to ever get married....
robar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™