Laundry Bag

stitcheasy2003May 7, 2008

Hello

I am wanting to make a laundry bag. Has anyone ever made one. Did you use long straps? Make a circular bottom? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
damascusannie

I made one years ago for college. It was just a simple drawstring bag. It works well to make it with a circular bottom of a large enough diameter to allow you to put it in a round laundry basket and fold the top down around the edge of the basket. As the basket fills, you can pull up the sides of the bag and when it's full you just pull it out of the basket and off you go to the laundry room. If you don't want to do the drawstring, I'd put sturdy webbing handles on it.

Annie

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 6:38PM
budster

There might be just what you are looking for - with instructions at www.homedepot.ca/ecooptions . You have to go and type in "Do it yourself" and they have a number of things you can sew, build etc. The canvas bag is featured in their latest ecooptions mag Spring 2008. No I don't work or endorse Homedepot but just noticed this in the magazine I picked up. Check it out. Budster

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 4:16PM
stitcheasy2003

Thank you just want I was looking for. I would never ever found that site. thank you. B.

Bookmark   May 10, 2008 at 7:04PM
More Discussions
Can you tell me if this will work?
Since I have been socked in for four days now, have...
barb_roselover_in
The little Singer 15- made her way home today!
I went back to the Thrift Store and asked the clerk...
caroline94535
Singer Inspiration 4210 Feed Dogs do not move
I have a new Singer Inspiration 4210 that I bought...
MaterialGirl47
Can I add another layer to drapes?
Howdy folks! I came across a GREAT deal at a resale...
carsonheim
Roll call please
Just wondering how many of us made the change to Houz. Would...
kathyg_in_mi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™