Male Bashing - Part 99

mimi_booMay 19, 2006

Once again, I ask that all of the women who post here (as infrequent as it is) are not categorized as "male bashers". Some of these posts are more than 3 years old.

Why don't we start some refreshing, engaging and positive posts?

Barbara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asolo

Simple solution, Barbara. If they don't do it, there'll be nothing to notice.

However, in a forum focusing upon relationships between the sexes I think it unlikely that gender-wide characterizations can be avoided.

Speaking for myself, I'm happy to read whatever opinions are expressed. And I'm happy to reply with my own from time-to-time.

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 8:09PM
JeanInWa

"Simple solution, Barbara. If they don't do it, there'll be nothing to notice."
In other words, shut up? Not gonna happen.

Women express themselves with words. When we need to get something off our chests, it's usually not the good stuff, it's the stuff we have a problem with, and that can be interpreted as "male bashing". Especially on this forum where, as asolo said,we focus on the relationships between the sexes.

If men would just quit doing the stupid things women "bash" them about, there wouldn't be anything to notice either. Hmmmm or maybe I misinterpreted you? Maybe that's what you meant in the first place?

Jean

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 10:49AM
asolo

jeaninwa...I think we're on the same page.

Let everyone say what they want the way they want. If there weren't any disagreements or rants there'd only be 1/3 of a forum. Heaven knows its slow enough as it is. (Ha!)

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 4:40PM
mimi_boo

Hi all. I think I've been totally misinterpreted. I am not saying that we should have differences of opinion - by all means, yes! Life would be extremely boring if we didn't.

All I am saying is that I don't like to be categorized with the phrase "male basher". Believe me, I have plenty in which to bash the male sex. But I decided four years ago when I met my current BF, that he did nothing to me. Why should I hold all the past mistakes against him? He doesn't deserve it.

Just my Tuesday morning (without coffee) thoughts.
Barbara

Bookmark   May 23, 2006 at 9:37AM
JeanInWa

Dang, isn't this the slowest?

What do single people talk about anyway? Just normal stuff like everyone else. The weather, sports, blah blah blah.

Or we can go real personal, and share feelings and revelations. Gawd, isn't that scary?

OK, I'll go start a new thread......

Jean

Bookmark   May 23, 2006 at 11:09AM
More Discussions
Form a retirement community
Are any single boomers interested in discussing ideas...
rosemint
One for the kiddies
Here is my latest wallpaper.
emma
Merry Christmas!!
I'm not living the single life anymore, but that doesn't...
Tinmantu
Survey: Do you really enjoy 'dating?'
I have done it a lot, and frankly I'm finding out that...
sayhellonow
Last weeks snow
I didn't know how to post 2 photos in one thread so...
emma
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™