How do you cut pvc roofing?

aepycerosOctober 3, 2008

Hi all,

I'm working with 12-foot sheets of corrugated pvc roofing to cover a storage area under a deck. I need to cut some of the sheets to fit around an angle. When I've tried with a shears, I get a good cut for a bit, and then the roofing cracks. Is there a way to make a clean cut in this material?

Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zl700

A new plywood blade in your circular saw installed backwards. Go slow as it cuts and melts it's way through

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 12:28PM
shadetree_bob

Here is a quote from one of the manufactures.

CUTTING
Cut fiberglass, PVC, and Polycarbonate panels using hand or power saws. Saw blade should be fine-toothed carbide tipped, or safety fabric reinforced abrasive disc. Face shields and appropriate safety equipment should be worn.

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 3:56PM
aepyceros

Thank you both for the information. I've yet to get back to the project, but I'll give it a try, probably with an abrasive disc in my circular saw at first.

Thanks again.

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 9:36AM
sierraeast

Set up some sawhorses and a sheet of plywood. Set the blade just a hair deeper than the panel. With the panel on the plywood, have a helper help hold it down tight and cut. Dont try to cut an end that is flopping as it will crack. You can cut multiple sheets at a time layered on top one another as long as you keep it held down tight to the ply.

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
Curtain Rods
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so my apologies...
newquilter
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
tlbean2004
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
sierrashopper
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™