What is your favorite choice of music??

TinmantuApril 3, 2004

I listen to all kinds....like right now listening to Charlie Rich siging "Good time Charlies got the blues"....have the player set to random but it's mostly 70's music...What is your favorite?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tinmantu

have American Pie jamming now...hope the neighbors appreciate it...heh

Bookmark   April 3, 2004 at 9:30PM
chargreen

I like everything from classic rock to some of the new stuff my son listens to. My current favorites are Van Morrison, Steely Dan, Los Lonely Boys, and Norah Jones. I like all kinds of music except for the country songs about cheating and broken hearts, too depressing. Austin is a great place to live for people who love music. Always a big name in town and lots of newer unknowns starting out.

Bookmark   April 3, 2004 at 9:38PM
chargreen

American Pie is one of my favorites. I have a Don McLean cd that has Jim Croce on it too with all of their best songs. I have no idea why those two are on one cd but I like it.

Bookmark   April 3, 2004 at 9:41PM
Tinmantu

That's an interesting mix for sure, Char...I am a big Jim Croce fan....I forget the name of the album but Van Morrison had a great one come out a couple years back...I'll look through my collection and come back with it...well worth a listen for those that like him....Moondance is his greatest hit IMO

Bookmark   April 3, 2004 at 9:52PM
Tinmantu

Listening to Elton Johns "Madman across the water" now...I think that may have been his best hit that never made radio play because it was too long.

Bookmark   April 3, 2004 at 9:56PM
chargreen

My 7th grade Math teacher made us memorize the lyrics to Jim Croce's Bad Bad Leroy Brown. I'm not sure why but I can remember him writing the words on the blackboard. It was the 70's maybe we were all a little spacey? I like his son A.J. Croce's music and I have found his cd in various friends music collections.

Bookmark   April 3, 2004 at 10:24PM
chargreen

This is my current favorite Van Morrison song. It's from his newest album I think. I like the lyrics and try to keep waiting for that Blue Moon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Once in a Blue Moon

Bookmark   April 3, 2004 at 10:31PM
Tinmantu

The Van Morrison album I was thinking of was "Back on Top"...It was on the shelf gatering dust till you mentioned him....listening to it now...."Philosophers Stone" is maybe the best off that one..."Reminds Me Of You" is good but was a bit depressing back when I went through a breakup a couple years back....thanks for the lyrics link. I have a cd with him and BB King playing together, but I can't find it to save my soul.

Bookmark   April 4, 2004 at 5:47PM
bunnyman

Kid Rock in my truck CD and Melissa Etheridge "Live... and Alone" in my computer DVD at the moment. J.S. Bach to ZZ Top with a bunch on country on my CD rack. Hehe!... even gots some Tone Loc and M&M in there... "round the outside... round the outside..."

Last CD purchased was Three Dog Night... "singin Joy To The World"!

Melissa seems to sing about times and places my soul knows so well.... "baby you can sleep while I drive". (no I don't like the Trisha Yearwood version of that song)

: )
michael

Bookmark   May 31, 2004 at 5:50PM
fishead

I'm loving Richard Thompson right now, although I have to depend on the public radio station to hear him.....

Bookmark   June 2, 2004 at 9:04AM
More Discussions
Survey: Do you really enjoy 'dating?'
I have done it a lot, and frankly I'm finding out that...
sayhellonow
What do you for entertainment
I was curious about what the rest of you do when you...
emma
So where?
So where does one meet new people? I have tried all...
Linda
Expecting a Blizzard
We just had 14 inches of snow last week which was the...
emma
Really good news!
But no one to share it with. I paid off my mortgage!!!...
eclair
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™