Ideas/suggestions hosting party

ondrea_carina_leafJune 8, 2007

I have a place with available table and chairs. I was thinking about hosting a scrapbooking party. I've never attended one. So question to everyone that has What do I need to do to make it a good one?

Questions such as.... How much notice to advertise?

Do I really need a vendor/seller type person there?

Do I need to have all those fancy die cutters?

Would two people fit on 8 ft tables?

I was thinking of doing a 24 hour scrapping. So would it be feasible for come and go type thing?

Would Friday night Saturday be better than Saturday/ Sunday?

I was thinking All day Saturday would be better than just a Friday eve. I work. Do most Scrappers work Mond-Friday?

What else?

Would providing Work table space, restrooms, coffee/tea maybe cookies be enough to have a nice party or what?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mn555saint

I started Scrapbooking with my Sister-in-Law and then invited another friend over too. Now, we meet monthly w/ no vendor/seller person. We just share all of our supplies together = and ideas too! Also, our group has grown to about 10 people. As for the tables, we can generally fit 4 on an 8ft table... two to each side.

Bookmark   July 4, 2007 at 7:16PM
mazer415

Find a couple of people interested an have them ask their friends. Ask people interested in coming over if they will bring everything they use, and hopefully you will have enough to make everyone happy. I would suggest you let people know that they should bring the scrapbooking items they are not using or dont like and have a table for swapping items.

Bookmark   October 29, 2007 at 9:46PM
alisalovesbears_gmail_com

I am having a few friends over for a scrapbooking party in May I have alot of scrapbooking items to share and also sale. But we usually just get together once a month at each others house and scrap our life away to usually last friday around 6 to saturday 6 We each bring a snack and drinks to share and I have a couple of drawings and maybe a game and we have a blast. And it doesn't cost much because we do it together as friends.

Bookmark   April 11, 2011 at 1:18PM
More Discussions
Need your creativity to help with school yearbook
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have done some scrapbooking...
bizzybee
Anyone do digital scrapbooking?
I've tried traditional scrapbooking over the years...
schoolbelle
Does anyone know where I can purchase these....
Those clear corners that you can place on paper,to...
catlady15
New to Scrapbooking and Need Some Help
I haven't actually started yet, but just gathering...
Karen10125
Cricut cutting machine
I was wondering if any of you have purchased the Cricut...
busymom801
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™