Just wondering..........

budsterApril 16, 2008

Has anyone bought the new (OK it's new to me) Sidewinder ? A little machine that will wind your bobbins separate from using your machine. They seem to be very popular and the Walmart in my area has them for just under $20.00 - yes I know that's alot of bobbins to wind for the price but I am just wondering if people have them and actually like them. I can see where they might be handy in some cases.........and then I wonder if it is just the newest "fad" must have. Opinions? Oh and I also know they don't work with some bobbins from certain machines...has anyone purchased one and if so what is your take on this newest sewing aide?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susie53_gw

I have been wondering the same thing. I am going into
Jo-ann Fabrics this afternoon and I will ask if they sell many. I will let you know.. I have a big plastic container of bobbins. I usually fill a couple at a time of the colors I use the most often.

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 11:01AM
kathi_mdgd

I don't have one ,nor do i plan to get one.Would rather use my 20 bucks for something more interesting.

I keep a couple bobbins filled all the time with black,white,ecru and grey.The other i filled as i needed them to match the color of whatever i was sewing at the time.I've ben doing it this way for over 50 years,so don't plan to change.Ya know the saying"if it ain't broke,don't fix it". That's my motto.
Kathi

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 5:20PM
pamd96

I just love my machine that winds the bobbin.

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 5:18PM
pattico_gw

Hey Bud...I just got one...it was a gift from my cousin's wife. I'm doing some sewing for her sister who is in the hospital so it was a late birthday/thank you gift.

I like it. And it's little and cute.

patti

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 9:04AM
budster

I bit the bullet and picked one up.....and so far it is working fine. I even managed to rig it up so I could wind from my smaller serger cones, you had to get a little creative on the how to's but it worked fine. So far I've no complaints but it will have to see more service before I really decide if it is worth while or not. So I'm still sitting on the fence...good thing/worthless thing, time will tell. Budster.

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 2:07PM
caroline94535

I've seen them too, and considered getting one.

If and when my sewing room remodel is finished, I'll be making quilt tops again. I normally load up 12 bobbins at once when I start a new quilt project so then I'm good to go.

Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 11:08AM
chelone

NO.

All my machinery is "industrial" and bobbin winders are part and parcel of the "bench" set up with every machine. I wind bobbins while I'm operating the machine.

Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 12:26PM
More Discussions
Need help identifying a fabric brand please.
This is a pretty upholstery fabric.
Adria Jackson
sewing machine about to die?
I have to admit I have had quite a few problems all...
jjjjade H
Singer toy sewing machine question
Hi, I have a Singer Sewhandy toy electric sewing machine...
philanna273
Can you tell me if this will work?
Since I have been socked in for four days now, have...
barb_roselover_in
Don't want to mess this up Please Help!
I'm wanting to make a doll for my granddaughter using...
skyanne_9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™