any St Paddy's stories?

joulesR4meMarch 17, 2005

I didn't do much, since I had to run from work to class. I had considered stopping at a local pub for a pint and hoping to catch some bagpiping, but after seeing all the cars (running over into the median), I reconsidered. My path lead me to Roadhouse Grill - where I shared a burger & ice cream with a friend. No green beer - heck, no beer at all. This is a first for me.

I did wear a "I like Irish boys" T-shirt to work. As a guy passed me in the hall, he read my shirt out loud (very loud). Sounded like he was proclaming interest in Irish boys too. That brought a few laughs. We're dying for laughs somtimes!

Hope some of you celebrated in a more *traditional* manner.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Wings2W

Not much here. Had the traditional corned beef/cabbage for lunch.

I did see a younger guy, shaved head, with green Avery stickers (circles) all over his head. At that point I thought I should return to the office.

CHP has extra units on duty at designated checkpoints.
Golly.........can't the Irish have any fun!

Wings

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 10:59PM
bunnyman

I had to be into work early today. About 9:00 this evening I remembered it was St. Patrick's Day but I was still at work. I thought about stopping by the bar on the way home but was tired and skipped it.

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 1:52AM
kim_okla

I bought a bottle of Bailey's, I thought that was appropriate.

BF is into the March Madness basketball so I stayed home.

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 10:13AM
joulesR4me

Hi Kim --- I dated a guy for a few years from KY. March Madness - yes, madness indeed. We always watched KY play and there were two rules: 1. you must wear KY gear - at least two pieces. 2. when they're playing - no one can move - you must remain sitting. Pottie, beer & food refills only during commercials. It was fun though, and I finally got to have fun watching a sport on TV since I watched enough to understand most of the game rules and have some familarity with a team/players. Cheers to you. Though Baileys & March Madness seem a bit mismatched????

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 1:49PM
zeke

KY gear..... Baileys.......
sounds to risque for me , sorry Jules i just couldnt resist.
Zeke

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 7:39PM
joulesR4me

Hey Zeke - risque? Oh, I won't turn it up a notch and bring out the tequila then .... both would land me square in front of the porcelain throne.

I'm suppose to be studying for mid-terms today. Gave up a ride on a Harley so that I'd put my nose in the books. So far, I've taken the books from the car to the top of my w/d. I cleaned the Beast (much too large SUV for a single gal) inside & out - including polishing the wheels and even a trip to the garage to add air, lots of wash, rearranged my *dog/hobby* room, watched two Lifetime movies and just cracked open a beer. Uhhhhh what am I missing????

Bookmark   March 20, 2005 at 2:54PM
zeke

why the chips or popcorn of course :-) .
Zeke

Bookmark   March 20, 2005 at 9:03PM
kim_okla

I hate sports. I dated this same guy before and sports pretty much did me in.

Now if he wants to watch sports that is fine but I'll do something else.

Bookmark   March 21, 2005 at 11:13AM
donna_loomis

I know it's a bit after St. Patrick's Day, but I thought I'd share anyway. About a year after my divorce from my first husband I joined a 30s + singles club in my area (on March 16th, 1992). A very attractive gentleman came in late (and I had to leave early) so I didn't get to meet him. The group made plans to meet at Pee Wee Muldoon's the following evening for a night of dancing and mingling. So on St. Patrick's Day I met my DH. Danced all night. 3 years later we married - on St. Patrick's Day, 1995. He is absolutely the love of my life.

Bookmark   March 31, 2005 at 9:48AM
sienna_98

What a charming story Donna! Many years ago I attended an Irish wedding on St. Patrick's Day in Minneapolis. It was a hoot. An astonishing number of the male attendees wore green suits, the dinner rolls were green, and of course, so was the icing on the wedding cake. All in good fun. It was nice to go to a wedding where people didn't take themselves too seriously. ;)

Bookmark   April 5, 2005 at 2:03PM
More Discussions
Merry Christmas!!
I'm not living the single life anymore, but that doesn't...
Tinmantu
women dress for women - but men???
I've heard/read much said about "women dress to...
joulesR4me
Favorite cook for one meals/food shopping tips?
Any favorite meals for one recipes? Also, I am trying...
CindyBelleZ6NJ
Survey: Do you really enjoy 'dating?'
I have done it a lot, and frankly I'm finding out that...
sayhellonow
Never wanted to get married
I've now turned 53 and have had no desire to ever get married....
robar
Sponsored Products
Greek Key Storm Giclee Glow Bronze Club Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
London Outdoor Lounge Chair with Cushion, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Indian Elephant Accent Lamp Base
Cost Plus World Market
Mohawk Morreno Ruby 8 ft. x 10 ft. Area Rug 332556
Home Depot
Zaneen | Willy Pendant - Large
YLighting