What is this thing?

trancefusionSeptember 1, 2013

Found this outside of my house and I'm curious as to what it came off of.. The two pieces of metal are connected with a spring hinge..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

another shot of it..

    Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 9:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Nest time place a ruler in the photo so we can tell the size of it.

    Bookmark   September 2, 2013 at 12:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

looks like some type of latch. possibly for an old car or truck hood?

    Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 2:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Is there a cable near where you found it? It looks like it might be a clamp that holds a cable to the house.

    Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 3:19PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™